BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vertex mag hook up

3 posters

Go down

vertex mag hook up Empty vertex mag hook up

Post  johndickjr November 21st 2010, 10:07 pm

just picked up a nice vertex mag, it has a place for a wire close to the cap..i am guessing its for the ground to kill the power, then at the top of the shaft is a threaded part, again i am guessing that's for a mechanical tach drive

vertex mag hook up Mag001

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

vertex mag hook up Empty Re: vertex mag hook up

Post  bbf-falcon November 21st 2010, 11:26 pm

You are correct John. I have a rev limit box and another mag that has a bad condensor if you need them I will sell them cheap.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr November 21st 2010, 11:39 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:You are correct John. I have a rev limit box and another mag that has a bad condenser if you need them I will sell them cheap.
will the box work on any mag, i forgot to say that this is for a straight 6 240-300 ford that i am building..lol, just picked up a forged crank today, and rods, i have some arias dome piston for it too, and a alum Clifford 4 barrel intake, going with a .580 lift 292 dr solid cam(unless i find a solid roller) will the box work with a shift light

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 22nd 2010, 10:06 am

I will look at the box and see if it will work,and I should have the shift light that goes w/it.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain November 22nd 2010, 12:56 pm

I've hooked up a Vertex on a car before using a relay that was controlled by the key switch. It worked slick and I just had it so that the NC contact was connected to ground and then when the relay was energized by the key switch it would open the contacts and unground the mag.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down