BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

single turbo +carb+big cubes=??

+13
83-88T-Bird Guy
whatbumper
jason
2POWERADDERS
chappy89
peganit2
Barney
Northwest outlaw
WIKDLX
96Mustang460cid
badsnake306
jones
8liter
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

single turbo +carb+big cubes=?? - Page 3 Empty Re: single turbo +carb+big cubes=??

Post  738drvr January 14th 2016, 4:57 pm

jasonf wrote:I have a friend that has a blow thru deal on his sbf. He has gone through several short blocks before he finally got it dialed in which people don't seem to think will happen. He put it on a dyno last month and picked up 70 hspr in jetting  but with a carb that is only good till the weather changes. I agree with one of the other posts... if you are building a 7 second 2000 hspr car then efi is not expensive. If you can't even afford that then you are living a pipe dream any ways.

As far as efi it is more expensive than it looks as well. Manifold conversion, fuel rails, injectors, with Holley it seems like you keep having to buy something else. Of course in the end you will have a very universal system that you can use with any blower, turbo street car, whatever. To me it is an investment that I hope will pay off in the long run. Btw, I am currently converting my 460 to efi with the Holley HP unit.

BTW, below is a link to Earl Schexmayders car. He was on Street Outlaws when they were in New Orleans. This is a bad ass twin turbo 600 inch Kaase headed car. He is running a BS 3 but I do not know any other specs. Traction seems to be the biggest problem now. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_zvv5vjAY

Is Ed still running a C6 in the car? Last time I spoke with him they had broken it.
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3