BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission

3 posters

Go down

Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission Empty Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission

Post  HorsinAround May 31st 2019, 2:04 pm

I noticed oil coming around the adjuster nut on the reverse brake band on my C6. Is this a sign of a problem, or just the seal bad and replace the nut? Also noticed oil leaking at the seal on the rear housing, but that is an easy fix. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I am just surprised its leaking when I don't have that many passes on it.

Alan
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission Empty Re: Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission

Post  Gregaust June 1st 2019, 3:10 am

That nut has a seal on it , should be replaced .. A leak at rear seal? Was the bush replaced ?

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission Empty Re: Nut on reverse brake band adjuster leaking - C6 transmission

Post  airford1 June 11th 2019, 9:15 pm

Look close it could be a cracked case in the same area.
airford1
airford1

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround June 14th 2019, 2:01 pm

airford1 wrote:Look close it could be a cracked case in the same area.

Definitely will check it good. The leak appears to be at the gasket between the tail shaft housing and the main body. If I remember right, I used the gasket that came in the rebuild kit so it could just be that however, there is definitely some frame twist when I launch, so it is possible to crack the case even though the trans is rubber mounted.

AP
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  airford1 June 14th 2019, 5:38 pm

HorsinAround wrote:

Definitely will check it good. The leak appears to be at the gasket between the tail shaft housing and the main body. If I remember right, I used the gasket that came in the rebuild kit so it could just be that however, there is definitely some frame twist when I launch, so it is possible to crack the case even though the trans is rubber mounted.

AP
I have cracked the case from too much line pressure and wrong lever with an R servo.
airford1
airford1

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround June 14th 2019, 6:20 pm

Yep I have heard of that. I am running the lever Frank recommends with the R servo.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust June 15th 2019, 2:13 am

airford1 wrote:
HorsinAround wrote:

AP
I have cracked the case from too much line pressure and wrong lever with an R servo.

HorsinAround wrote:Yep I have heard of that. I am running the lever Frank recommends with the R servo.

That's the usual reason of case cracking at the band with the wrong lever + servo combo and too much apply..
BUT I have seen a cracked case and that setup was ok ..

The R servo E lever is usually a good setup..

The best thing you can do is add a solid aluminium pan, that helps stiffen the case. A TCI pan actually has added strengthening on that side for I believe this reason

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround June 15th 2019, 11:11 am

I have the B&M aluminum deep pan on it.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust June 16th 2019, 1:27 am

HorsinAround wrote:I have the B&M aluminum deep pan on it.

That sure helps stiffen that part of the case . The TCI just had the added ribs

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down