BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

3 posters

Go down

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.  Empty c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Post  machwon169 November 4th 2011, 9:00 am

We im new here and am swapping out the worn and tired 351w out of my 69 mustang... i had a c4 built to handle about 400-450hp. It works great. My question is can i just pull the pan and swap on a full manual reverse pattern valve body with a t brake... inplace of the stock one in there? I know i need a new shifter that not big deal. but if everything else will work and i have a manual withotu a clutch that would be cool. and leaving on a trans brake should be a nice feeling.... The last thing is when i swap over to full manual there is no need for the trans kickdown anymore corerect? (that things been giving my 22 year old self a run for its money)

Car is a street car/strip car... drive it at most 75-100 miles a week and only from march to septemebr... Plan is to do a bbf not sure what direction that is let. locating deals now... but its a c4 with a 9"-10" convertor. and it has 3.89 gears in it right now in a 9" so the drivetrain should be good to go.

machwon169

Back to top Go down

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.  Empty Re: c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Post  Gregaust November 10th 2011, 1:44 am

You probably can swap it on and get away ok , only thing is do you know much about the build ? What clutch pack clearances were used , how many clutches , some transbrakes require specific clearances, and some require mod to the case if the solenoid uses the original modulator valve for the transbrake . Just need to check to be sure .

Yes and full manual requires no kickdown

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.  Empty Re: c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Post  Maxx Levell November 14th 2011, 7:41 pm

machwon169 wrote:We im new here and am swapping out the worn and tired 351w out of my 69 mustang... i had a c4 built to handle about 400-450hp. It works great. My question is can i just pull the pan and swap on a full manual reverse pattern valve body with a t brake... inplace of the stock one in there? I know i need a new shifter that not big deal. but if everything else will work and i have a manual withotu a clutch that would be cool. and leaving on a trans brake should be a nice feeling.... The last thing is when i swap over to full manual there is no need for the trans kickdown anymore corerect? (that things been giving my 22 year old self a run for its money)

Car is a street car/strip car... drive it at most 75-100 miles a week and only from march to septemebr... Plan is to do a bbf not sure what direction that is let. locating deals now... but its a c4 with a 9"-10" convertor. and it has 3.89 gears in it right now in a 9" so the drivetrain should be good to go.

You may not need a new shifter, depends on what kind it is. I just replaced the shifter gates on mine when I went to Full manual reverse pattern on my C-4...I think they were only $18 or $20 bucks.
Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down