BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Pressure

4 posters

Go down

Oil Pressure Empty Oil Pressure

Post  t-bird racer September 14th 2015, 8:07 am

Ok,  a little back ground.  Its a 521 with a Kaase Pump, with a Roller Cam, with the lifter bore bushings.

My first question is the Kaase Pump designed to keep oil pressure down at idle?  Once off idle it picks back up.

Cold I have 70-75 psi with 20W50 and at the end of a pass at say 200 degrees while at idle on return road its around 30-40.

I know the last time this engine was freshened it was the same oil pressure and all bearings looked awesome.   It has less than 50 runs on since freshening. Looking at the build sheets the Mains are .003 and rods are .025.  Am I just worrying about nothing?  Or is this just the character of this engine/pump?

Thanks
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Empty Re: Oil Pressure

Post  maverick September 14th 2015, 8:22 am

You're worrying about nothing. At 30-40 psi hot idle after a pass, you're better than some. It sounds just like mine...and it has hundreds of passes on it. Race on.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 14th 2015, 9:12 am

t-bird racer wrote:Ok,  a little back ground.  Its a 521 with a Kaase Pump, with a Roller Cam, with the lifter bore bushings.

My first question is the Kaase Pump designed to keep oil pressure down at idle?  Once off idle it picks back up.

Cold I have 70-75 psi with 20W50 and at the end of a pass at say 200 degrees while at idle on return road its around 30-40.

I know the last time this engine was freshened it was the same oil pressure and all bearings looked awesome.   It has less than 50 runs on since freshening. Looking at the build sheets the Mains are .003 and rods are .025.  Am I just worrying about nothing?  Or is this just the character of this engine/pump?

Thanks

SO, is there a problem here or is it that you just don't like what you see...?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer September 14th 2015, 12:24 pm

No problems,  Just not a lot of experience and did not race last year, still got the jitters. lol And really did not like the looks.
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 15th 2015, 6:38 am

Your op is where we all like ours too be imo. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down