BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a roller lifter recommendation

4 posters

Go down

Need a roller lifter recommendation Empty Need a roller lifter recommendation

Post  CHARLIEB April 21st 2013, 4:21 pm

I am building a 598 cu. 360cc A460 head motor. I just got my block last week and I had ordered some parts last year, now after reading about the soild roller on the street has me worried. I have purchased the Comp Cam 836-18 Endure-X Roller Lifters along with a set of 1838-16 Comp Cams Hi-Tech Stainless Rocker Arms. I also have been reading about a lot of failure with Comp Cam Endure Lifters.
This motor will see mostly street than track for the time being. I am leaning towards this cam for my build Comp Cam spec. 0.650, .0657 and 236,
242 Duration @ .050" Lift.
Valve Spring: Seat Load 210 @ 1.900, Open Load 524 @ 1.250. Rate (Lbs./In.) 483
Therfore Mostly street driving at lower rpm is my concern with oiling to the axle and needle bearings.

CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down

Need a roller lifter recommendation Empty Re: Need a roller lifter recommendation

Post  racnrick April 21st 2013, 5:49 pm

CHARLIEB wrote:I am building a 598 cu. 360cc A460 head motor. I just got my block last week and I had ordered some parts last year, now after reading about the soild roller on the street has me worried. I have purchased the Comp Cam 836-18 Endure-X Roller Lifters along with a set of 1838-16 Comp Cams Hi-Tech Stainless Rocker Arms. I also have been reading about a lot of failure with Comp Cam Endure Lifters.
This motor will see mostly street than track for the time being. I am leaning towards this cam for my build Comp Cam spec. 0.650, .0657 and 236,
Therfore Mostly street driving at lower rpm is my concern with oiling to the axle and needle bearings.

I'm doing about the same thing right now, a 572 Boss Nine with solid roller cam, probably 95% street driven, mainly weekends and short drives. Was undecided on what to do also but, after taking with Cliff Moore at Kaase's, decided on the solid rollers. Cliff mentioned that with the solid rollers, and monitoring the valve clearances I could see when something is going wrong earlier than with a hyd roller. Still will be a lot of extra maintenance though.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Need a roller lifter recommendation Empty Re: Need a roller lifter recommendation

Post  CHARLIEB April 21st 2013, 10:07 pm

I'm doing about the same thing right now, a 572 Boss Nine with solid roller cam, probably 95% street driven, mainly weekends and short drives. Was undecided on what to do also but, after taking with Cliff Moore at Kaase's, decided on the solid rollers. Cliff mentioned that with the solid rollers, and monitoring the valve clearances I could see when something is going wrong earlier than with a hyd roller. Still will be a lot of extra maintenance though.[/quote]

Thank you for stopping by and giving some information. Yes mine will be about that amount of driving time, also It will be a weekend car only and not a daily driver. I was wondering about the lifters that I had bought, If they will be good for the street or to buy some better ones?
Good Luck with your build.
CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH April 22nd 2013, 8:22 am

CHARLIEB wrote:I'm doing about the same thing right now, a 572 Boss Nine with solid roller cam, probably 95% street driven, mainly weekends and short drives. Was undecided on what to do also but, after taking with Cliff Moore at Kaase's, decided on the solid rollers. Cliff mentioned that with the solid rollers, and monitoring the valve clearances I could see when something is going wrong earlier than with a hyd roller. Still will be a lot of extra maintenance though.

Thank you for stopping by and giving some information. Yes mine will be about that amount of driving time, also It will be a weekend car only and not a daily driver. I was wondering about the lifters that I had bought, If they will be good for the street or to buy some better ones?
Good Luck with your build. [/quote]

you should have ask Cliff Moorewhat roller lifters they use for the street.

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn April 22nd 2013, 12:13 pm

CHARLIEB wrote:I am building a 598 cu. 360cc A460 head motor. I just got my block last week and I had ordered some parts last year, now after reading about the soild roller on the street has me worried. I have purchased the Comp Cam 836-18 Endure-X Roller Lifters along with a set of 1838-16 Comp Cams Hi-Tech Stainless Rocker Arms. I also have been reading about a lot of failure with Comp Cam Endure Lifters.

Given your seat/open pressures, I think you'll be fine for street use. I helped a couple of guys here, one BBF, and one BBC and they're both running solid rollers on the street with the same basic spring pressures and use intentions you mentioned, and neither of them have had any problems. Both have been running them around 6-8 yrs. now... As far as which lifters to run, these guys are both running the Comp lifters. The BBF has the 836-16, and I can't remember the BBC part #, but they're the BBC equivilent...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  CHARLIEB April 22nd 2013, 6:53 pm

Given your seat/open pressures, I think you'll be fine for street use. I helped a couple of guys here, one BBF, and one BBC and they're both running solid rollers on the street with the same basic spring pressures and use intentions you mentioned, and neither of them have had any problems. Both have been running them around 6-8 yrs. now... As far as which lifters to run, these guys are both running the Comp lifters. The BBF has the 836-16, and I can't remember the BBC part #, but they're the BBC equivilent...[/quote]

Thank You Doug, This has been very helpful to me. This is going to be my first build so I want to make sure that everything goes right and not have any major problems, as we know that these parts are not cheap, So therefore I am want to make sure that this motor will last for sometime.
I do want to thank you for taking the time out and answering my question.
I hope all is well. Have a Great Day!
CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down

Post  CHARLIEB April 22nd 2013, 6:54 pm

you should have ask Cliff Moorewhat roller lifters they use for the street. [/quote]

Thank you for the information, I will keep that in mind.
CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down