BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody

4 posters

Go down

dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody  Empty dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody

Post  5pointslow April 20th 2012, 11:26 am

dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody think they com 2 1/8 primarys

for 650$ ish new .......just dont want headers that are dented ect to fit
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody  Empty Re: dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody

Post  bruno April 20th 2012, 12:01 pm

have you cked into the kooks headers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody  Empty Re: dynatech headers for stock style head ?? any good as fitment goes in foxbody

Post  jbozzelle April 20th 2012, 12:06 pm

The Dynatechs are what mine are, but they are real old.....

But, they fit real well on the driver's side. All tubes hug the block real well and the steering shaft actually is still on the outside of all tubes. The pass side looks to be good but it gets tight back at the firewall. So you'd need to work the wall if you're trying to slide the engine back like I did.

Collector floor/ground clearance was not bad, IMO. But I did move my engine around (up/down) with the plates to get the drivetrain to line up the best I could and the collectors ended up tucked up to the floor real nice.

Mine's all apart right now. If it was still mocked up I'd shoot some pics for you. Not sure if I had pics of it in my build thread in the other section or not.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow April 20th 2012, 12:20 pm

sounds good , yeah i hate seeing kookers for sale used and it looks like someone had a field day with a hammer ,

using front and mid plates , just thought they would be a good alternative than spending 1200$ for custom headers , when these are going on with dove heads

was gonna try to move engine back as far as i could without altering the firewall , due to most rules dont allow

thanks again
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 20th 2012, 3:03 pm

If your using plates then you should be good. I'd give them a call and see if they know what type of engine mount setup was used to fab them up.

I know I could NOT use engine mounts. They are made for plates...

I bought mine used for a few hundred bucks a few years back. They look like they'll work fine...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T April 20th 2012, 10:05 pm

the dynatec headers are no longer avalable they discontinued them last october,i tried to buy a set 2 weeks ago.

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/dr_kmember_ford.html#

Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down