BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons

3 posters

Go down

who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons  Empty who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons

Post  5pointslow February 22nd 2012, 7:59 pm

not gonna use the hyper pistons i have , gonna see if i can get some affordable forged ones to get compression up there like 13.1 to 14.1 with my dove heads that are 74 cc if i recall

any idea who makes an affordable forged piston , i say affordable i dont need cp or diamond ect ......just putting together an engine to aim for 10.00 index class while i finish the big motor
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons  Empty Re: who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons

Post  hdandford February 22nd 2012, 9:13 pm

5pointslow wrote:not gonna use the hyper pistons i have , gonna see if i can get some affordable forged ones to get compression up there like 13.1 to 14.1 with my dove heads that are 74 cc if i recall

any idea who makes an affordable forged piston , i say affordable i dont need cp or diamond ect ......just putting together an engine to aim for 10.00 index class while i finish the big motor
Probes are a nice affordable forged piston

hdandford

Back to top Go down

who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons  Empty Re: who makes affordable forged stock style head pistons

Post  Paul Kane February 22nd 2012, 11:06 pm

5pointslow wrote:not gonna use the hyper pistons i have , gonna see if i can get some affordable forged ones to get compression up there like 13.1 to 14.1 with my dove heads that are 74 cc if i recall

For that compression ratio, you need a dome top piston for your combo. If you don't want to spend the money on the dome tops that Carl sells, the locate some american-made L2443s. They are usually worth the asking price considering the cost of state-of-the-art pistons these days, and they are rugged and proven. Just don't run them lean because there is a thin ring land area adjacent to the intake valve. Maintain a good A/F ratio and you'll be fine.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down