BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ?

3 posters

Go down

Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ? Empty Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ?

Post  nuclearcobra April 16th 2011, 7:26 pm

I thought i read that before but not sure if it was about a diffrent valve cover.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ? Empty Re: Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ?

Post  Lem Evans April 16th 2011, 7:30 pm

the bigger dia. valve springs could hit in one corner [lower] where it tucks in to allow the bolt/stud.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ? Empty Re: Do the frpp tall aluminum valve covers need any clearancing on scj heads ?

Post  nuclearcobra April 16th 2011, 7:45 pm

I'm using the comp 930 spring and 741 retainer
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR April 16th 2011, 7:49 pm

Well what I seemed to have found out is that theres one corner where the Nut or bolt head won't let you use a socket on usually it's the left lower corner.
What I have been doing on the covers that I have bought over the years is take a 3/4" flat square headed deburring tool and cut into the pocket some to allow the use of a socket on that corner. Other then that I've had no other problems with the 6 sets of covers I have bought over the last 12 years.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 16th 2011, 8:29 pm

O your talking the valve cover bolt or nut ? i never had a problem there i use allen head bolts for the covers. I meant do they hit on the inside the springs or rockers.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 16th 2011, 10:03 pm

"I meant do they hit on the inside the springs or rockers.'

that is what I addressed

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 17th 2011, 1:21 am

Yes i know Lem and thank you Very Happy i was letting trukpulr know what i meant.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down