BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N2O delay or progressive controller

+2
studly
Greg_P
6 posters

Go down

N2O delay or progressive controller Empty N2O delay or progressive controller

Post  Greg_P September 5th 2009, 12:17 pm

I'm needing to control the N2O somehow on the car, and I was contemplating whether a delay or a progressive controller would work best?

I don't have a lot of bread to spend on this project, so price is also a concern.

This will be used with the 200 shot on my NX plate setup. I already have a WOT switch running through an RPM window switch.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

N2O delay or progressive controller Empty Re: N2O delay or progressive controller

Post  studly September 5th 2009, 2:50 pm

if you have the money the progressive will work better but most classes do not allow the progressive so i would look at what you where running in, you can pick up the digi set timers really cheap and they work well(cheap mans progressive) you just have to test for the time. Steve Johnson can probbaly hook you up with the progressive and give some pointers on how to program it if you buy one from him
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

N2O delay or progressive controller Empty Re: N2O delay or progressive controller

Post  richter69 September 5th 2009, 4:41 pm

I have a timer your welcome to use Greg, its not progressive, and you will need some sort of electrical switch to active it, a wot switch would work.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 5th 2009, 5:33 pm

Sounds good to me, Jon......

I already have everything set up and running off of relays, so switching shouldn't be a problem.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 5th 2009, 5:48 pm

shoot me an addy and I'll get it to ya.

Only stipulation is you have to come to the Buick - Ford race. Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 5th 2009, 6:09 pm

Bah, I wish we could make it, but we have a points race the day after buick ford.....at 8am!

Evil or Very Mad
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 5th 2009, 6:10 pm

so whats the problem?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 5th 2009, 6:12 pm

Dam, if I remember correctly, that buick ford deal started at ass-thirty AM and ran till 11pm or some crap.
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 5th 2009, 6:23 pm

they tend to run long lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 5th 2009, 6:26 pm

Jon, you gonna be around the phone any time soon? Might bend your ear on that nitrous controller deal.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 5th 2009, 6:40 pm

I'm at the inlaws, brinkin' deer, iphone is right here with me............... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 5th 2009, 6:51 pm

The progressive pulse nitrous controllers are kinda hard on the solenoids and can really wear them out in a short time. That's why two nitrous solenoids inline are suggested when a pulse controller is used. The first solenoid in line isn't pulsed, but is used as a safety valve in case the second pulsed solenoid fails or hangs open.

Have you thought about a staged two system setup? Leave on say 150 to 175 shot, then add the other system at a given higher RPM point.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 6th 2009, 2:38 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the info on the progressive setups. Sounds like that kind of system is a little too hard core for my application.

Jon's sending me his delay controller, so I hope to find some success with it.

As for adding another stage of spray, I'll have to use that one as a last resort for now just due to added expense and complexity.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  badnotch September 9th 2009, 5:34 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:The progressive pulse nitrous controllers are kinda hard on the solenoids and can really wear them out in a short time. That's why two nitrous solenoids inline are suggested when a pulse controller is used. The first solenoid in line isn't pulsed, but is used as a safety valve in case the second pulsed solenoid fails or hangs open.

Have you thought about a staged two system setup? Leave on say 150 to 175 shot, then add the other system at a given higher RPM point.

thats not true at all- ive got several buddies running them for years and no issues at all -im sure if you use them every day but for track purposes they will be fine

ive got a brand new one for sale if interested - $ 525 shipped to your door
badnotch
badnotch

http://www.gnlmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 9th 2009, 9:41 pm

badnotch,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to try the delay setup and see how it works.

Very Happy

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 10th 2009, 4:51 am

badnotch wrote:thats not true at all- ive got several buddies running them for years and no issues at all -im sure if you use them every day but for track purposes they will be fine

Depends on how hard your ramping a huge system down. The more you pulse the solenoids open/closed per second the more possibility for a plunger/seat failure or a hung solenoid over time. I have seen seats start go bad on non pulsed systems just from normal use, that's why you keep spares in the tool box. Now multiply opening/closing 100's of times per pass on a pulsed system & it just makes sense to have the redundant solenoid with this type of setup.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman September 11th 2009, 3:22 pm

I'm all about keeping my NOS system as plain jane simple as can be using a Big Shot plate setup. I've seen too many fancy-smancy kits grenade spectacularly. But on my small tire ride I had to try the progressive controller deal. I got the Edelbrock one. Yeah you have to keep an eye on your solenoids and a fail safe extra NOS one is a GREAT idea. But I really like the tunability of it. I hit the car with half the shot almost immediately and ramp the rest in within 2 seconds. Kinda feels like a turbo car coming on. Keeps the small tires stuck nicely.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down