BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks)

+2
res0rli9
bigunitmudracing
6 posters

Go down

Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks) Empty Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks)

Post  bigunitmudracing March 28th 2011, 6:54 pm

Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks)
Going to be a well build 460 in front of this!!
a friend on here was talking about some penny trick and rollerizing and something with a band, looking for exactly how to do these and more!! thanks!!
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks) Empty Re: Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks)

Post  res0rli9 March 28th 2011, 7:18 pm

There is a long post on here that GearHead559. put up. did his like Frank M. dose them.

edit: put the right name to it.

Last edited by res0rli9 on March 30th 2011, 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks) Empty Re: Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks)

Post  f250mike March 29th 2011, 9:11 pm

I would do a complete rebuild with good parts for starters.
Rollerizing is a good option for the $, even better if you have machining skills and access to a lathe.
Upgrade the servo or apply lever to apply more band pressure. With this upgrade you might want a new band with welded tabs.
You can do a shift kit on your valve body or get a new one.

I mud raced with a stock c6 for several years before it started slipping on 2-3 shifts. The guys below helped me with parts and tech on my rebuild.
If your looking for parts with great customers support give Jay @ Broader Performance a call http://www.broaderperformance.com/ .
For technical help here, Frank Merkl would be the house expert, guru, go to guy, etc..

Hope I was some help
mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 March 29th 2011, 11:40 pm

Here's a good read. Sorry I had the wrong posters name.
http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113120

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing March 30th 2011, 9:16 pm

Frank Merkl

Could you work with me, going to start building a C-6 next week... I work at a parts store and we are a distrubtor for TCI, B&M
Thanks!

bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl March 30th 2011, 10:02 pm

All the information you need is on the above link , read it! instead of typing
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing March 31st 2011, 1:37 am

I got one question, I put a manual tci valve body in my last c6 and the shift between 2nd and 3rd was sorta delayed... what do u think of that???
thanks
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 March 31st 2011, 7:47 am

bigunitmudracing wrote:I got one question, I put a manual tci valve body in my last c6 and the shift between 2nd and 3rd was sorta delayed... what do u think of that???
thanks

Smile

Last edited by res0rli9 on April 1st 2011, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl April 1st 2011, 11:09 am

I don't have a fix for the TCI (Trash Can Industries) manual vb 2-3 flair . but tightening the band to 120 in/lbs and backing the adjuster screw off only 3/4-1 turn seems to help. instead of the normal 1 1/2 turns
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing April 4th 2011, 12:03 am

the rollerization info doesn't come up when i click on it??
can i use some parts from a E40D for rollerizing?
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 April 4th 2011, 12:07 am

bigunitmudracing wrote:the rollerization info doesn't come up when i click on it??

Just worked for me scratch .....Try copying and past the link in you address bar.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing April 8th 2011, 5:28 pm

where is the info on upgrading a stock valve body to make it like a manual one..???? Question
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl April 8th 2011, 6:25 pm

there isn't because (instructions)I sell them but am sold out for this year
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing April 9th 2011, 1:39 am

frank you got mail.. and Y only exhaust?
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  23Alt April 9th 2011, 3:07 am

bigunitmudracing wrote:the rollerization info doesn't come up when i click on it??

I think Frank mentioned the other night the pics were lost somehow.

Post #15 in the thread however, has 'em reposted. (Good job Mike).

It's basically replacing the thrust bearings with needle rollers. Cool deal.
If I keep my C6, I'm going to do it too.
23Alt
23Alt

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing April 9th 2011, 1:00 pm

there isn't because (instructions)I sell them but am sold out for this year

this doens't help me any... how much are they??? if you had one
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl April 10th 2011, 2:05 pm

$450 + shipping
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on how to upgrade my c6 for mud racing (need some Tips & tricks) Empty Broader performance

Post  1fatcat April 14th 2011, 9:24 pm

I purchased 1 of there 500 hp rebuild kits , rebuilt it myself works great . the tech support was very helpfull and the kits and all was verry affordable .
1fatcat
1fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down