BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 problems

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

C6 problems Empty C6 problems

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 3rd 2011, 10:57 am

I have a Lincoln C6 in my 65 Fairlane 460 project for the street. The trans was rebuilt and stuck into a 79 truck project that was never finished. It sat for a year,then I put it into my street car. On jack stands the car goes into gear (p,r,n,d)put it on the ground it has nothing. What could be wrong? It did move the truck, and yes there is fluid in it! Thanks guys for the input. Jason
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

C6 problems Empty Re: C6 problems

Post  dfree383 February 3rd 2011, 11:43 am

Convertor not engaged to the pump?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 3rd 2011, 11:49 am

when I bolted the trans to the block, the convertor had to be pulled forward some to make contact with the flex plate...it is a stock rebuild with the stock 12" convertor
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 3rd 2011, 12:09 pm

right depth on the flex plate?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 3rd 2011, 10:52 pm

yes the flex plate it original to the trans and engine
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 4th 2011, 8:52 am

I'd guess its something in the Valve body or linkage not assembled correctly.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

C6 problems Empty C-6

Post  1BADBIRD March 4th 2011, 9:37 pm

Hey Jason it sounds like something is sticking in the tranny like a check valve or a spring . When my Matador sat for a long time it didn't want to move right away when put in reverse and it also had a fresh rebuild on it . The rebuild was done 2 years ago but the car hadn't been driven much . I let it sit in gear and after about 8 seconds she started to move . Make sure you also have enough fluid in the tranny .
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 5th 2011, 12:52 am

thanks for the replies guys. i guess something could have been sticking...it working now......how good????... need exhaust, alignment, front glass roped in and new springs for the front and the 65 Fairlane hardtop is road worthy.
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  1BADBIRD March 5th 2011, 8:43 am

Hey Jason is it gonna make it to the mall this year ?
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl March 5th 2011, 8:46 pm

Check the line pressure , 1/8" npt plug in front of the shift lever on the drivers side
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 5th 2011, 10:46 pm

1BADBIRD wrote:Hey Jason is it gonna make it to the mall this year ?
Not the racecar..but the street car will
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 5th 2011, 10:46 pm

Frank Merkl wrote:Check the line pressure , 1/8" npt plug in front of the shift lever on the drivers side
Frank
Frank, what kind of line pressure am I looking to have?
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 5th 2011, 10:48 pm

The car has been sitting for two weeks....started it up to move it and it took approx 15 seconds for it to engage into drive
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  1BADBIRD March 7th 2011, 6:24 am

Hey Jason , Back a few years ago did you know a guy that raced around in a monza called Smokin Joe ? If you do remember , how fast was he ? Was he the guy that everybody wanted to beat on the street ?
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 7th 2011, 5:22 pm

1BADBIRD wrote:Hey Jason , Back a few years ago did you know a guy that raced around in a monza called Smokin Joe ? If you do remember , how fast was he ? Was he the guy that everybody wanted to beat on the street ?
....HAHA! Smokin Joe Bowers!...His shit was a cobbled together mess!<red monza, his yellow monza,was a lot nicer...but I think he rolled it upside down on the street. I know he was never in the 10's
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  1BADBIRD March 7th 2011, 7:49 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:
1BADBIRD wrote:Hey Jason , Back a few years ago did you know a guy that raced around in a monza called Smokin Joe ? If you do remember , how fast was he ? Was he the guy that everybody wanted to beat on the street ?
....HAHA! Smokin Joe Bowers!...His shit was a cobbled together mess!<red monza, his yellow monza,was a lot nicer...but I think he rolled it upside down on the street. I know he was never in the 10's

Yup thats him . He works for me . He did roll the yellow monza on halfway blvd . He says he was only beat a couple of times . He also told me to ask you about the hole in the top of your fender from a coil spring .
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl March 7th 2011, 8:38 pm

check it and see what you have then we'll go from there
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 8th 2011, 12:06 am

1BADBIRD wrote:
'65 T-BOLT wrote:

Yup thats him . He works for me . He did roll the yellow monza on halfway blvd . He says he was only beat a couple of times . He also told me to ask you about the hole in the top of your fender from a coil spring .
not exactly a hole! but years ago, a ford mechanic let me use his coilspring compressor...external type, me being 18, I had no clue! well lets just say the Ass gave me the wrong tool or no safety clamps to hold it in place. the compressor slid together and out the spring came! hit the fender, shot down between my legs and out threw the barn about 30 feet. damn near castrated myself! That fender is still on the car, and now I use the internal compressor
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 8th 2011, 12:08 am

Frank Merkl wrote:check it and see what you have then we'll go from there
Frank
I will let you know! need warmer weather! my salamander heater took a shit and im not fixing it till next winter! give me a few days need to get it on stands and hook up the gauge
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  1BADBIRD March 8th 2011, 6:20 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:
1BADBIRD wrote:
'65 T-BOLT wrote:

not exactly a hole! but years ago, a ford mechanic let me use his coilspring compressor...external type, me being 18, I had no clue! well lets just say the Ass gave me the wrong tool or no safety clamps to hold it in place. the compressor slid together and out the spring came! hit the fender, shot down between my legs and out threw the barn about 30 feet. damn near castrated myself! That fender is still on the car, and now I use the internal compressor

Your a lucky man , that spring could of did some serious damage to you .
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy March 8th 2011, 8:32 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:
not exactly a hole! but years ago, a ford mechanic let me use his coilspring compressor...external type, me being 18, I had no clue! well lets just say the Ass gave me the wrong tool or no safety clamps to hold it in place. the compressor slid together and out the spring came! hit the fender, shot down between my legs and out threw the barn about 30 feet. damn near castrated myself! That fender is still on the car, and now I use the internal compressor[/quote]

My experience: Years ago I used an internal spring compressor to install Moroso trick springs in the gray 83 T-Bird. I'm standing on the ground at the back of my truck using the tailgate as my work bench.
I have the spring really cranked down short enough to fit into the car.
Well.....when that compressor let loose that spring shot out and missed my family jewels by about an inch! Shocked
Must have been my lucky day, I guess. My leg was sore for 2 weeks.

I have not used a spring compressor since.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

C6 problems Empty Smokin Joe

Post  1BADBIRD March 8th 2011, 10:04 pm

Jason , Joe says his blue 66 nova ran 10.50s all day long with a 350 with a 250 shot of juice . He had that in between the two monzas . He is building another monza right now . It is red but he says he is gonna paint it exactly like his old yellow one was .
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 9th 2011, 9:45 am

1BADBIRD wrote:Jason , Joe says his blue 66 nova ran 10.50s all day long with a 350 with a 250 shot of juice . He had that in between the two monzas . He is building another monza right now . It is red but he says he is gonna paint it exactly like his old yellow one was .
I don't even think his nova is completed!...It might be! and my heavy ass Fairlane went 10.50 naturally aspirated with the small block was scared to slap 250 shot to it, Probe...said their pistons would handle a 250 shot no problem....the rest of the short block would have handled a 500 shot....BUT I like doing it all natural!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  1BADBIRD March 10th 2011, 10:56 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:
1BADBIRD wrote:Jason , Joe says his blue 66 nova ran 10.50s all day long with a 350 with a 250 shot of juice . He had that in between the two monzas . He is building another monza right now . It is red but he says he is gonna paint it exactly like his old yellow one was .
I don't even think his nova is completed!...It might be! and my heavy ass Fairlane went 10.50 naturally aspirated with the small block was scared to slap 250 shot to it, Probe...said their pistons would handle a 250 shot no problem....the rest of the short block would have handled a 500 shot....BUT I like doing it all natural!

I never saw his Nova but it is gone . He says he wrecked that too . I did see his wrecked yellow monza at his dads farm . He did a number on that . I think the only things salvageable was the motor and trans . He says he does like the juice . He is trying to convince me to put the juice to my bird but i like it all natural myself .
He will be lucky if he gets his new monza done by next year . He is trying to get it back halfed right now .
1BADBIRD
1BADBIRD

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 10th 2011, 11:38 am

1BADBIRD wrote:
'65 T-BOLT wrote:

I never saw his Nova but it is gone . He says he wrecked that too . I did see his wrecked yellow monza at his dads farm . He did a number on that . I think the only things salvageable was the motor and trans . He says he does like the juice . He is trying to convince me to put the juice to my bird but i like it all natural myself .
He will be lucky if he gets his new monza done by next year . He is trying to get it back halfed right now .
I do remember his nova! I believe he bought it from a guy ...Mike Davis! I was thinking about his dads nova that he said was his..... Wrecked???? he just can't drive lmao!!! I am tring to get my 65 back together, Its just a shell...no cage, floors, suspension, frame...etc...I cut it up when I was working a scale job..but now unemployed.. so my bills come first
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next