BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2007 BBF Winter Tech Seminar DVDs

Go down

2007 BBF Winter Tech Seminar DVDs Empty 2007 BBF Winter Tech Seminar DVDs

Post  D. Sea September 1st 2009, 4:52 pm

2007 BBF Winter Tech Seminar DVD

I need your name, forum name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number(s). I have over 200 members on my BBF Club Registry so if you are on the Registry, then I already have your information OR if you purchased a DVD from me in the past then I have your information.

$25 plus $5 postage/handling.

A majority of the profits will go to the Tech Seminar reimbursement and future BBF events. So consider it a donation to the cause.

I'll start sending paypal invoices via e-mail this week. This doesn't mean that you have to pay using paypal, my address will be included if you would like to send a check or money order. If sending payment via mail, be sure to specify which DVD's you are ordering to make it easier on me. I have orders coming in for the 2007 BBF Bash Racing and Tech DVD's as well.

Disc 1 is approximately 3 hours and 21 minutes

Disc 2 is approximately 2 hours and 41 minutes

A few people have asked for a "Box Set" of all the DVD's, it saves you $5 on postage this way.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted. For those of you that have requested DVD's and not sent me your contact information, please do so ASAP.

Notes from Homespun91 regarding the winter tech seminar:

Someone was kind enough to PM/remind me about the fact that the Kaase shop will be offering "crate" Boss engines in the semi-near future....Jon mentioned it briefly at the seminar. From the few details I have, they will not be cheap....but they will be built on a GOOD foundation, so to speak. And, by the time you add up all the separate part costs, I suspect they'll be a pret' fair deal.

It was noted that new piston notches were necessary...not a big deal IMO. (Kind of one of those things- "If ya have to ask...)

The subjects that were covered, in a brief summary by speaker:

Dave Bamber: comments on head velocity vs. flow; optimum valve seat angles at various max lifts; methanol techniques, mostly for pulling, but some of the BIG CI alky drag guys should take note; alcohol injection tuning in general; plenum/manifold designs for alcohol

Adney Brown: crank grinding/polishing methods; balancing comments; reading bearings (lots of this was visual, on the TV screen, with commentary)

Randy Malik: valvetrain geometry; Ford rocker differences; the MANY things to look at when determining rocker geometry, not just the roller/tip relationship; effects of pushrod-to-cup angles on cam duration & the "nominal" rocker arm ratio; effects of those angles on valvetrain oiling

Mark McDonald: tips & tricks on chassis preparation, preload, shock adjustment, choosing a shock; lots of Q & A from the audience & specific situations......Philip Oakley also shared some insight on tire selection, a good reminder for everyone

Jon Kaase: general overview of his oil pump & design thoughts on it; review of the P-51 heads, & its improvements over the FRPP SCJ; introduction of the forthcoming Boss 429 heads & related parts; instructions on how to avoid breaking one's Achilles tendon

Mike Whitfield: tips & advice on building/properly maintaining the C4 & C6 transmissions; recommended accessories to keep them alive

Rick Smith: history of the bastard pro stock heads; history of TFS; design thoughts of the A heads & bastard heads

Mike Phillips: advantages of dynoing an engine before it hits the track; some things to look for during the process; preparing for a dyno session

Lem Evans: review of some dyno tests & observations on head choices; observations on making a good parts selection for a particular situation; keeping everyone in line, especially Wes

I've got to say that the "unofficial" dyno session on Friday, the autopsy afterwards, and the conversations during both days were just as enlightening as the Saturday seminar. I attempted to listen more than I talked, (difficult ), and picked up a LOT of insight....still processing. Thanks to all of the speakers & Charlie for moderating, Damon for recording it, Philip for displaying his car, Damon's wife Tracy for holding down the registration, Mike Phillips for putting up with us on Friday, and, Blake for being kind/brave enough to dyno his 557 in front of us all.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum