BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of this cleaning job?

+5
Wayne Pearce
95lightiningguy
bb429power
cool40
tiger
9 posters

Go down

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Empty What do you guys think of this cleaning job?

Post  tiger January 28th 2011, 11:31 pm

I am getting ready to port some D3 heads and took them to a machine shop I have heard bad things about. All I wanted was for them to clean them and check them for cracks. Can't screw that up right? They are the closest shop to me, I did not want to drive 100 miles to my usual machine shop for just a cleaning. This is after the cleaning, the inside of them in the water jackets is still full of buildup.

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Photo5

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Photo4-1

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Photo3-1

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Photo2-1

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Photo1-1

tiger

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Empty Re: What do you guys think of this cleaning job?

Post  cool40 January 28th 2011, 11:55 pm

are those the before pic's? Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of this cleaning job? Empty Re: What do you guys think of this cleaning job?

Post  tiger January 29th 2011, 12:21 am

No that's the after

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 29th 2011, 12:27 am

Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 29th 2011, 12:33 am

The f**k they clean? I took mine down the road to Napa to have mine dipped and peened and they came out spotless. They left a bunch of rust and carbon on it and look at the carbon in your exhaust crossover! Mine was completely blocked, not to piss you off but if they charged a lot you got screwed.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy January 29th 2011, 3:27 am

Looks like they went through a jetwash without beihg rinsed off afterwards. I wouldnt use those guys again. affraid
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce January 29th 2011, 9:43 am

If you had heard bad things about them as you stated, why did you even go there? You could have done better with a putty knife, wire brush, and a garden hose! How did they check them for cracks in such a FILTHY condition?? I wouldn't have paid anything for that, and would have gone to court! You got screwed!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie January 29th 2011, 5:53 pm

wow looks like someone took simple green and a garden hose to them.

paulie

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr January 29th 2011, 6:38 pm

time to buy some pro comps heads, they are the best deal Very Happy

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 30th 2011, 11:48 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:If you had heard bad things about them as you stated, why did you even go there? You could have done better with a putty knife, wire brush, and a garden hose! How did they check them for cracks in such a FILTHY condition?? I wouldn't have paid anything for that, and would have gone to court! You got screwed!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

X2 Embarassed

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger January 30th 2011, 11:56 pm

The bad stuff was about machine work. I didn't know you could mess up a cleaning job.

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair January 31st 2011, 5:55 am

tiger wrote:The bad stuff was about machine work. I didn't know you could mess up a cleaning job.

You wouldn't think so, huh? Hpoe this was a freebie job, otherwise it's time to bust out with the BFH and do some "head work" of your own...
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down