BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs?

+4
tiger
cool40
new2460
torinocobra429scj
8 posters

Go down

D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs? Empty D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs?

Post  torinocobra429scj December 26th 2010, 8:43 pm

It seems like there are alot more options for roller rockers when you have studs...Is this a very big deal to change over? What kind of machining price should I expect?

Looking at Scorpion, Harland Sharp, and Trick Flow Specialties and there is about a $50 window with these 3... Opinions on any or all?

Thanks
torinocobra429scj
torinocobra429scj

Back to top Go down

D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs? Empty they should have studs

Post  new2460 December 26th 2010, 8:55 pm

dooe heads should have studs allready

new2460

Back to top Go down

D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs? Empty Re: D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs?

Post  cool40 December 26th 2010, 9:38 pm

new2460 wrote:dooe heads should have studs allready
x2 Suspect
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs? Empty Re: D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs?

Post  tiger December 26th 2010, 9:54 pm

cost me $100 to do my D3 heads.

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 26th 2010, 10:41 pm

torinocobra429scj wrote:It seems like there are alot more options for roller rockers when you have studs...Is this a very big deal to change over? What kind of machining price should I expect?

Looking at Scorpion, Harland Sharp, and Trick Flow Specialties and there is about a $50 window with these 3... Opinions on any or all?

Thanks

There is no such thing as a D0OE head casting with "pedestals" for rocker arm mounting.

D2OE heads have pedestals but, NOT any D0OE's.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 December 27th 2010, 12:35 am

Not to argue with Randy but both sets of D2OE heads I have had were stud rockers.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 27th 2010, 12:48 am

lghting94 wrote:Not to argue with Randy but both sets of D2OE heads I have had were stud rockers.

D2OE heads have studs just like the D0OE-R CJ heads.

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 27th 2010, 1:09 am

Bret Powell wrote:
lghting94 wrote:Not to argue with Randy but both sets of D2OE heads I have had were stud rockers.

D2OE heads have studs just like the D0OE-R CJ heads.

Bret

YES ... you're correct of course.
I was thinking UN-adjustable and temporarily forgot about "bottleneck" type studs. Embarassed

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

D0OE-R heads with pedestal type rockers now...Is it easy to change to studs? Empty Mine have the non-adjustable rockers so I was thinking they weren't studs...

Post  torinocobra429scj December 27th 2010, 8:35 am

Thanks guys...

It's looking like roller rockers are gonna be somewhere bewteen $180-$300 on the lower end of brands for these. Do the roller rockers add more hp or is it more the friction help and life of the valve train? I doubt I will go with a roller cam and lifter setup since this is only a street build 521...
torinocobra429scj
torinocobra429scj

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 27th 2010, 8:52 am

They can add some extended life to the guides, by not side loading the valve as much, and possibly add more precise valve lift. The stamped and cast rockers are not always exact on the ratio. On a street car this is not a big deal, so do as you feel necessary. I would look at the rockers you have now and if there isn't significant wear, you would be just fine running them untill the money and desire is there to replace them with a good set of roller rockers. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down