BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on direction for the new build

3 posters

Go down

Opinions on direction for the new build Empty Opinions on direction for the new build

Post  EVE December 20th 2010, 1:30 am

Well I have a few options here for my new build. I already have the entire engine and a glide. I also already have everything for the turbo setup except for the turbo's, I'm not a newbie to a turbo BBF for those who don't know me. The engine is 9.8 to 1 and I'll change the cam depending on which option I go with.

Now this would go in a street driven truck on 35's that I want to be able to mud drag, sled pull, drag race, and drive to work.

Would you rather have a 532ci with twin 88mm turbo's that would make at least 1500 horse and reliable enough to street drive every once in awhile.

Or a 532ci fuel injected N/A engine that makes 700 horses and is so reliable you would let your wife drive it across the country.

EVE

Back to top Go down

Opinions on direction for the new build Empty Re: Opinions on direction for the new build

Post  res0rli9 December 20th 2010, 2:43 am

EVE wrote:Well I have a few options here for my new build. I already have the entire engine and a glide. I also already have everything for the turbo setup except for the turbo's, I'm not a newbie to a turbo BBF for those who don't know me. The engine is 9.8 to 1 and I'll change the cam depending on which option I go with.

Now this would go in a street driven truck on 35's that I want to be able to mud drag, sled pull, drag race, and drive to work.

Would you rather have a 532ci with twin 88mm turbo's that would make at least 1500 horse and reliable enough to street drive every once in awhile.

Or a 532ci fuel injected N/A engine that makes 700 horses and is so reliable you would let your wife drive it across the country.

I would go with the 2nd one. Look at Danny's build. I would pm or email him and ask how his works and go from there.
http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148394&highlight=cold+air+intake
go to 2nd page 1/2 way down and he some link's on his build, plus its in the build sec...he runs the sand dunes

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Opinions on direction for the new build Empty Re: Opinions on direction for the new build

Post  EVE December 20th 2010, 3:19 am

If I go the injected route it will be the new FAST XFI 2.0 with a DIS ignition and a NV 4500 manual tranny. I would love to stick that combo in a early Bronco if I can find one cheap enough.

EVE

Back to top Go down

Post  EVE January 15th 2011, 11:48 pm

Looks like option #1 is the winner. Twisted Evil

Picked up a 68 F100 last weekend and it will be 4x4 and running before the snow thaws.

EVE

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 January 16th 2011, 1:02 am

EVE wrote:Looks like option #1 is the winner. Twisted Evil

Picked up a 68 F100 last weekend and it will be 4x4 and running before the snow thaws.

cheers Cool Cool Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 16th 2011, 11:20 am

Twin turbo 530ci in a street truck. Shocked Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  EVE January 16th 2011, 12:40 pm

schmitty wrote:Twin turbo 530ci in a street truck. Shocked Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil

Not a street truck.................................a farm truck. Laughing

EVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down