BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suspension question

4 posters

Go down

suspension question Empty suspension question

Post  paulie December 15th 2010, 12:15 pm

I have a 94 mustang that I am putting my 521 in and I am wondering what I should do to help hook up all the power. right now the car has strange adjustable struts up front with moroso drag springs and the rear has upr non adjustable control arms with strange adjustable shocks and moroso drag springs in back. the car also has frame connectors on it.

the car hooked hard with the small block in it, but not sure how it will hook with the big block. I am thinking of changing the k member to help remove some weight up front.

ok the question is do you think this will work on the big block? I am guessing 650-675 hp and the car will have a c-6 trans with a 3800 convertor for now on a 28x10 slick.

sure I am missing some info here but all help is appreciated.

paulie

Back to top Go down

suspension question Empty Re: suspension question

Post  studly December 17th 2010, 10:38 pm

I think i would replace the rear upper control arms with double adjustable, put solid spherical bushing in the housing, take the drag springs out and put stock springs back in it and i would use a MT 3055S tire. should hook no problem with 600-700 hp easily
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 17th 2010, 10:50 pm

...............and a good anti-roll bar in the rear.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 18th 2010, 12:00 am

It is really hard to mess up with that power level. I think that I would put an anti-roll bar in your current setup and see what it does.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie December 31st 2010, 9:33 pm

thanks guys for the advise, this is really the first chance I have had looking at this. just wondering when you say replace the springs with stock do you mean all around? and I just got some double adjustable uppers and am looking into getting the anti roll bar soon as this is something I wanted to do anyway.

paulie

Back to top Go down

Post  studly January 1st 2011, 5:15 pm

I have never had much luck with the rear drag springs i use stock rear springs and the anti roll bar.make sure you replace the rubber bushings in the rear with solid mounts
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum