BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car?

4 posters

Go down

Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car? Empty Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car?

Post  Ed501 November 13th 2010, 2:32 am

I beleive my supercomps are a little small at 2 inches so its a shot to try some . I was leaning towards merge to help more top which i feel could use more of since the can will go in the high 1.2_s 60ft. and feel thats great for the weight i am. I heard they work sometimes depending on headers, heads, cam ect. Thanks for any advice Very Happy

Last edited by Ed501 on November 13th 2010, 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixz it!)

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car? Empty Re: Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car?

Post  rmcomprandy November 13th 2010, 10:19 am

Scavenger 4-2-1 or Venturi Merge collectors will help in a certain range and hurt in another. It simply depends upon whether your engine uses THAT improved range or not. OR, the engine goes through BOTH ranges and they help one spot more than they hurt another. Testing is the only way which I know of, to know.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car? Empty collectors

Post  Ed501 November 15th 2010, 10:04 pm

Thanks, Randy I think for now i might better just bolt some extra pipe to collector and try that. Other eight milers have said they picked up some torque with them. ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car? Empty Re: Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car?

Post  dfree383 November 16th 2010, 6:44 pm

I haven't seen the merge stuff be very productive in the dyno. diameter and length seem to be where its at.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain November 17th 2010, 3:10 pm

I believe that the merge stuff requires quite a bit of development if your existing headers are close to right and are working well. Just putting them on in place of a conventional 4 into 1 probably will not work well. 2-2-4 is probably worse in this respect.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Scavenger collectors or merge collectors for my car? Empty collector

Post  Ed501 November 17th 2010, 7:06 pm

Thanks , its sound like a long shot and could hurt performance. 6.0_s and got the 5.90 bug, pulled some weight but needing 5 hundredths to insure 5s. These tenths are alot meaner then the 6.80s tenths to drop Shocked I still havent moved timing from 35 or played with jetting , but aint counting on that seems to close. Im going with a spacer too. How much would rollerrising tranny be worth at this E.T. Thanks, its going to be a long winter lol...,ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain November 17th 2010, 7:34 pm

For the dollars spent carburetor spacers are about as inexpensive of a way you're going to find to tune the engine and possibly pick up some power and or response.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down