BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time

+3
bb429power
res0rli9
72puller
7 posters

Go down

14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time Empty 14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time

Post  72puller November 3rd 2010, 10:24 pm

I let my daughter drive the truck last Saturday night for the first time. She had been wanting to all summer so I told before the season was over I'd let her. She drove an old stock truck that I have at our local fair was the only other time she had pulled. She had a decent take off but about 100' out it bounced and on the third bounce the ujoint at the front off the transfer case broke. She never let off the gas. She went 302' hitting the rev limiter at 7800. Now I don't normally run a rev limiter but I borrowed one for this. Thank God I did!!

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Rz9vpXccQ
72puller
72puller

Back to top Go down

14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time Empty Re: 14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time

Post  res0rli9 November 3rd 2010, 10:30 pm

Cool ...she did good cheers affraid

Id put two rev limiter's on next time Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time Empty Re: 14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time

Post  bb429power November 3rd 2010, 10:41 pm

Damn, glad nothing in the engine blew through the block Laughing Razz That's the kind of girl I wanna find up here! She did good for her first time, don't know much about truck pulls though. At least she has an interest.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 3rd 2010, 10:48 pm

Very Happy Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

14 year old daughter driving my truck for the first time Empty 14 year old driving truck 1st time

Post  bluovldude November 4th 2010, 12:30 am

thats awsome! and praise the rev limiter Smile

bluovldude

Back to top Go down

Post  dadof384k November 4th 2010, 1:02 pm

quality family time. enjoy it. todd, ps very cool !!!!!!!

dadof384k

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn November 5th 2010, 11:10 am

That's awesome. My daughter has a 1980 Mercury Bobcat that she wants to put a SBF in. Anything to get the kids involved. I know for the last couple years, I couldn't get my kids interested in driving my truck, until after I sold it a couple weeks ago. Now all I get is grief because they wanted to drive it someday. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Well, now if they want to drive something, they're gonna have to help do something to their own rigs. Now we'll see how much enthusiasm they have. Shocked

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down