BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ??

+4
SLOWnSTEADY
dfree383
bbf-falcon
Wayne Pearce
8 posters

Go down

ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ?? Empty ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ??

Post  Wayne Pearce October 18th 2010, 11:29 am

Hey, Guy's: I'm at the point of wanting to replace the D0VE-C cylinder heads on the 460 in my 30 Model A Coupe street rod. In the interest of weighing less, and a little bit more octane tolerance, I"m at the point of saying "just what do I want"? First of all, it's not a drag race motor - basically it's just a street rod cruiser, with a little extra power. D9TE block, stock bore, and stroke, stock early rotating assembly, Crane Hydraulic cam similar in spec. to the 429 CJ hydraulic, and a Blue Thunder 2X4 set up with Edelbrock carbs. I've been looking at the Edelbrock aluminum heads, and never realised that there's three to pick from, so - what do you guys recommend, something other than the Edelbrocks? Just don't say "Procomp"!! (LOL)

Wayne SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ?? Empty Re: ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ??

Post  bbf-falcon October 18th 2010, 11:57 am

TFS streets if you don't want to change pistons But the Eddy's will do just fine on the street Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ?? Empty Re: ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD RECOMMENDATIONS ??

Post  dfree383 October 18th 2010, 12:03 pm

Another vote for the TFS Streets. Good Stuff !!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SLOWnSTEADY October 18th 2010, 12:07 pm

ProComp What a Face

SLOWnSTEADY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 18th 2010, 12:36 pm

With that small cam the SCJ heads may go on w/o redoing the intake valve relief. Is this a dished piston?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 18th 2010, 1:15 pm

SLOWnSTEADY wrote:ProComp What a Face

I know he didn't want to hear it but, that IS the exact purpose of those heads ... they are not a race head.

They are large combustion chamber though and he seems to need a small combustion chamber.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell November 1st 2010, 9:16 am

I'd use a set of Blue Thunder CJ heads cleaned up a bit.

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce November 1st 2010, 4:51 pm

I just bought the set of TFS streets that "70429SCJ" had for sale. I'm just waiting for the delivery.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 1st 2010, 8:04 pm

That was a good deal.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down