BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter

5 posters

Go down

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter Empty Broader Performance and the Torque Converter

Post  77f150 July 23rd 2010, 9:05 pm

It seems that my truck has developed some sense of hearing because every time I think I'm going one direction it decides I need to go another. Case in point was the brake change I had planned, rear disc's, hydro-boost and thunderbird calipers with upgraded rotors. The boxes are still on the bench because the truck decided she wanted her tranny looked at. It seems my "ON" "OFF" driving style has taken a toll. I found a guy to do the rebuild who knows C6's, he does the area Monster Trucks. The torque converter......

I ordered the torque converter from a local guy many years ago and all he asked was what stall I wanted. I didn't know any better at the time that it should have raised a red flag. Now is as good a time as any to fix that problem also. Enter Jay at Broader Performance. I bought my E4OD gearset from him, and R Servo and F lever and thought I would see about a torque converter. The time Jay took to review all the material I needed to provide for a recommendation was impressive. From the outset I explained I'm not running a drag truck but a street rod. He looked at all the variables and then we talked on the phone quite a while as he took me by the hand and explained the recommend stall and his two options. I'm placing my order in a couple weeks (the more expensive converter was the most robust) when my overtime comes in but it feels like money being well spent when someone spends so much time dialing in a converter to your exact needs.

I just wanted to give a thumbs up to an excellent transmission guy, Jay at Broader Performance.
77f150
77f150

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter Empty Re: Broader Performance and the Torque Converter

Post  Treeyasoon July 25th 2010, 1:58 am

I like to hear stuff like this...Good to hear about companies that will go the extra mile to help a customer. Cool
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter Empty Re: Broader Performance and the Torque Converter

Post  whitefield July 25th 2010, 4:26 pm

x2 He is a great guy! I buy a lot of parts from him and the parts have always been top quality .
whitefield
whitefield

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 July 28th 2010, 10:19 pm

Well I was able to get the money together quicker than I hoped and placed my order for a billet converter. I'm not excited...............but only 14 sleeps before it's completed! Laughing
77f150
77f150

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 August 16th 2010, 10:55 pm

Well the converter should be close to being done. The transmission was loaded into the trunk of the car today (that was fun) and a friend suggested a catch container under the tail, a good thing because another quart found it's way out on the drive when we thought it was empty. The smell of burnt fluid lingers still in the car, the woman folk were so impressed Laughing . Changing the plumbing a bit after a recommendation from Frank M. and hopefully the shifter arrives in a couple days so that can be wired up. Hopefully no hard parts got hurt in the trans but we'll see, so much for hoping for a simple summer of just cruising.
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 August 19th 2010, 7:12 pm

Converter ships tomorrow, now just waiting on word as to how badly I burned up the transmission. It took 5 days for the stench of burnt trans fluid to leave the car Laughing .
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter Empty Burnt trans fluid as an aftershave

Post  Wheelie58 August 21st 2010, 12:31 pm

John,

"The smell of burnt fluid lingers still in the car, the woman folk were so impressed"

Burned trans fluid has been known to provoke exitement from the females....I have considered using it for after shave scent....
Shocked
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jones August 24th 2010, 12:46 pm

I purchased a 1000hp C6 unit from Broader and can't wait to use it!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 August 27th 2010, 5:49 am

I believe you're going to really enjoy that transmission!

I got home today and had a parcel waiting, 35lbs of beautiful converter:

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter P1020497

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter P1020498
77f150
77f150

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 September 10th 2010, 6:27 pm

Well some bad news today. The transmission was finally torn down and the damage is extensive. They are looking for a core so we can get some hard parts for the rebuild. I'll find out next week if I have to sell one of my children to pay for this Sad
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 September 13th 2010, 2:22 pm

Made a quick trip to the transmission shop, if you call 3hrs each way quick. Took a shot of the guts of the transmisiion laying on the table. The pan looks like it has graphite in it from the ground metal, everything is gouged and you can see metal deposits everywhere. I killed it :eek:

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter P1020506

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter P1020501witharrow

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter P1020503

Broader Performance and the Torque Converter P1020504
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down