BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed

+3
IDT-572
85montess
D. Sea
7 posters

Go down

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed Empty Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed

Post  D. Sea August 24th 2009, 3:14 pm

Base don this weekends test results, my car is leaving way too early for a .500 Pro Tree. I've adjusted my tranbrake button all the way down to maximum travel, which isn't much. Other options are to get another button with a longer travel, adjust the transbrake release or blink Razz

I'm shallow staging so take out that variable.

On a .500 Pro Tree my lights were

then a .039 with the button all the way down and I left a smidge late.

So on the way home I was talking to the Coug about the adjustment and when I get the car up in the air this week I'll measure where the bolt adjustment is now. At what point do I stop adjusting the bolt in to slow down the release with no adverse affects to the transmission?

I need to get hold of Chris and see if he remebers where it's set now. I haven't moved the adjuster since I got the trans from Chris.

Plus I don't recall reading about this before so it will be a good learing thread for myself and others.

Thanks guys
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed Empty JW ultra case adjustment

Post  85montess August 26th 2009, 11:12 am

Damon,

I couldn't find this on JW's site, but it is copied out of the Powerglide Handbook.

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed JWultracaseadjustment
85montess
85montess

Back to top Go down

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed Empty Re: Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed

Post  D. Sea August 27th 2009, 12:00 pm

Thanks Bill, glad you joined us on the NEW and IMPROVED BBF Forum Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed Empty Re: Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed

Post  IDT-572 August 27th 2009, 5:37 pm

Hey , Bill don't be slipping on here incognito .............. I didn't know it was you. Laughing

I want to talk to you some more about Kieths car before we go and work on it.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 27th 2009, 6:39 pm

I've got some taller front runners if you want to try um.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  85montess August 27th 2009, 7:51 pm

IDT-572 wrote:Hey , Bill don't be slipping on here incognito .............. I didn't know it was you. Laughing

Blake,
I have to slip on here incognito, since I am one of those other guys Twisted Evil, but just give me a call when you are ready and I should be able to take a few minutes. I am trying to finish the rebuild on my Ford tractor (what a pain!!!) and I have a couple of dragsters (one with broken motor plate tabs and the other with the lower frame rails broken completely into) to work on.

Later,
85montess
85montess

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 August 28th 2009, 6:30 pm

85montess wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Hey , Bill don't be slipping on here incognito .............. I didn't know it was you. Laughing

Blake,
I have to slip on here incognito, since I am one of those other guys Twisted Evil, but just give me a call when you are ready and I should be able to take a few minutes. I am trying to finish the rebuild on my Ford tractor (what a pain!!!) and I have a couple of dragsters (one with broken motor plate tabs and the other with the lower frame rails broken completely into) to work on.
Later,

Sounds like you've got Butcher and Meher's dragsters over in your shop! You are a busy man.

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Pro-Tree Transbrake Adjustment on a 2 speed Empty Curious

Post  Rvesterby September 24th 2009, 10:49 pm

What class runs the .500 tree ??
Or is it a track thing ??
Most Pro trees being .400
Rvesterby
Rvesterby

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 25th 2009, 12:00 pm

Rvesterby wrote:What class runs the .500 tree ??
Or is it a track thing ??
Most Pro trees being .400

Ron,

Open Comp runs on a .500 Pro Tree as well as a local class called Outlaw Bracket.

We are hoping to get a class started called Pro Comp for cars running 8.50 to 9.99 and it will be on a .400 Pro Tree.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 September 25th 2009, 5:31 pm

Every 200 rpm launch change moves mine .013, every 4 psi down in front tires move +.01, also lower rear tire psi effects reaction time. I have a Bondio terminator long adj button I works good but if your want to stay in a .010 package on the tree it won't do it. Deadenbear makes a adj button worth about .035 on the full adjustment. My advice try some larger fronts with low psi.

P.S Seen a real long spool of wire too increase the resistance to the T/B I've seen that trick before affraid
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 28th 2009, 11:57 am

I got the button in over the weekend. I'll see how it reacts this next weekend. I only have two spacers in it right now. Front tires are at 35psi and I have a 3900 chip in the box.

Thanks for all the advice and tips What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down