BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them.

+3
c.evans
dfree383
BigBlockRanger
7 posters

Go down

Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them. Empty Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them.

Post  BigBlockRanger June 16th 2010, 3:30 pm

I have heard of them but really don't know much about them. Good? Bad? Indifferent? I think I've only seen 1 picture of them and they were on a motor. I have seen some for sale a couple of times, but they must not have been produced in very large numbers because they seem fairly scarce.

What's their story?

Last edited by BigBlockRanger on June 16th 2010, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them. Empty Re: Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them.

Post  dfree383 June 16th 2010, 3:36 pm

Pretty much the same as a A429 or Factory CJ head in configuration.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them. Empty Re: Original TFS CJ head - tell us about them.

Post  c.evans June 16th 2010, 8:37 pm

I agree with what Dave Freelander has said above. I have an old 1999 Trick Flow catalog and the PN is TFS-52436001. They took the 2.250" intake valves and the 1.760" exhaust valves. Furthermore it states that they are Street heads, and "are designed to be a direct replacement for stock cast iron CJ and SCJ heads. Not only are they lighter, (saving 90 pounds) the heads have an intake port design that flow like ported stock intakes for even more airflow. Available as bare castings, the heads have 72cc combustion chambers, accept valve springs up to 1.625" diameter, and other production type valve components."

The ends of the head are cast in appearance and have a recessed flat area with the words Trick Flow cast in the head. They also made a matching 180* dual plane intake manifold with PN TFS-58247001.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger June 18th 2010, 10:10 am

Thanks for the info guys. Did they have any common maladies? I'm thinking along the lines of porosity or easily stripped threads or valve clipping? That kind of stuff. I am fascinated by older go-fast stuff for some reason....
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 18th 2010, 10:31 am

I've never owned as set, but have never heard anything bad about them.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  devildog July 2nd 2010, 7:32 pm

Decent head....could tell ya more about them but run the risk of getting flamed by all of the heroes on here........ask them.......D

devildog

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 2nd 2010, 8:08 pm

devildog wrote:Decent head....could tell ya more about them but run the risk of getting flamed by all of the heroes on here........ask them.......D
Good solid unbiased and usefull info doesn't get flamed. Outrageous, or unsupported info will be questioned. Useless info gets flamed. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  devildog July 3rd 2010, 10:49 pm

So Schmitty you are big daddy approval committee?....guess you are in the hero group now.....I will be sure and clear any post with you prior to doing so.........thnx for helping me out Cool cheers .....D

devildog

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 3rd 2010, 10:54 pm

devildog wrote:Decent head....could tell ya more about them but run the risk of getting flamed by all of the heroes on here........ask them.......D

There is only one HeRo, and I am HiM, I only flame when one is inquiring about a procomp item, these are not..............carry on.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 3rd 2010, 11:07 pm

devildog wrote:So Schmitty you are big daddy approval committee?....guess you are in the hero group now.....I will be sure and clear any post with you prior to doing so.........thnx for helping me out Cool cheers .....D

This post was not previously approved by Big Daddy and as such will be put in the recycle bin for later review of possible content. Very Happy Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 5th 2010, 12:12 pm

richter69 wrote:

There is only one HeRo, and I am HiM, I only flame when one is inquiring about a procomp item, these are not..............carry on.

did someone say....... Procomp???? Let me tell you about Procomp.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 5th 2010, 12:24 pm

dfree383 wrote:
richter69 wrote:

I was actually thinking about getting a set for my little street truck deal..............then I came to my senses lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 5th 2010, 7:36 pm

dfree383 wrote:
richter69 wrote:

lol! Wait, are you referring to the heads manufactured under the company of ProCRAP? If not, then carry on. Devildog, I believe the term you are referring to is HeRo, never heard of a hero. I just wish I was there to here Lem say it so I knew exactly how he said it. Then it would be a bit funnier to me........

And Procomp is like the term, Chevy power. Its an oxymoron. Oh that's good, that's goin in my signature.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 5th 2010, 11:51 pm

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 5th 2010, 11:53 pm

Guess everyones bored!?!?! LOL
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down