BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump

5 posters

Go down

Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump Empty Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump

Post  65Galaxie June 14th 2010, 8:55 pm

We switched to the Moroso electric water pump and electric fan and removed the thremostat ... with the mech pump, fan and thermostat car ran at 170* at idle and 185* through the 1/8 mile trap and would cool down to 170* by the time I got down the return road. Since we switched the temp runs at 195* on idle ... I have not taken to the track as I am concerned that it will over heat. I start the car then turn on the water pump when I get to 150* I turn the fan on. It will not come lower then 190*. I changed cause I was looking for somemore HP but now am thinking of going back. Any help would be appreciated ....

65Galaxie

Back to top Go down

Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump Empty Re: Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump

Post  johndickjr June 14th 2010, 10:23 pm

try a restrictor in the t-stat

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump Empty Re: Switched from mech water pump to Moroso electric water pump

Post  '65 T-BOLT June 14th 2010, 10:46 pm

i use a 5/8 inch hole restrictor

Last edited by '65 T-BOLT on June 14th 2010, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re worded)
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 14th 2010, 10:49 pm

those big pumps move too much water IMO.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  65Galaxie September 5th 2010, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the help guys ... gutted the thermostat and put it back in and it runs at about 175* ...

65Galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 5th 2010, 5:26 pm

richter69 wrote:those big pumps move too much water IMO.............

That's why Shogun made that Tic-Toc box years ago...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down