BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official thank you thread for the bash.

+18
David Cole
D. Sea
KY JELLY
dfree383
bbf-falcon
342g
scottke
Wheelie58
Nevs
bruno
Doug Rahn
56Tbird
61coon
IDT-572
stangr8cr
knrclark
jones
TravisRice
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official thank you thread for the bash. Empty Official thank you thread for the bash.

Post  TravisRice May 23rd 2010, 9:35 am

First a big thanks to Charlie for always showing me great hospitality when I come to Owensboro. Thanks dad .. Razz

Blake, Coon ,The Dodge fellow (name escapes me) Rick and Sooz , for feeding me and letting me hang with them this weekend. It truly was my pleasure ad great to actually meet someone in person.

Kieth Sherry ........ what else can I say Laughing

Dan Hobbs and Nick Bruno , you guy's made it fun even before the bash got under way with all the hype on the net. I asked Nick some questions and he said he could not answer because his keyboard was not in front of him Razz Razz Razz ............ Your son however was a real card and a lot of fun to be around look out in a few more years.

Lem Evans for not skipping town this time when I came in. Looks like the best way to catch you is to not tell you that I am on my way.............. I was seriously thinking you were going to bail on me at lunch when you said you had a bridge building meeting Rolling Eyes but you came back.. Just kidding. Nice to finally meet you.

JetBoatBob, thanks for the tour and hospitality as well.

Lawes the pleasure was all mine

Damon ,Chuck and gang finally nice meeting you in person as well.

At the roadhouse I sat with Tore Avington ?? and his wife, Ward (Dr's Wife) and son, Seth Hembree, David Cole annd Phillip Oakley as well and had a great time.

John Bozzelle... your a tad taller than I pictured

Jack Austin, nice meeting you also

Kerry Clark , Erv and son was a pleasure too.

Randy Moore, you built a very well thought out car and it was a privilage talking with you.

Kieth Fulp , Dave Freelander , The Keowns , JackassFlatz , G-dog and crew. Nice meeting you as well.

Tim Murphy , a gentleman and a scholar for talking header collectors, chrome plating , stick cars , and through it all you remembered my name ............. amazing car also.

To any I may have missed ............... Thank you

Travis Rice

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Official thank you thread for the bash. Empty Re: Official thank you thread for the bash.

Post  jones May 23rd 2010, 10:08 am

Hope the cylinder heads was all and more you was imagining them to be! Sorry about all the duct tape, I didn't want the boxes to come apart. I will send the rockers and inner springs to your home address

jones

Back to top Go down

Official thank you thread for the bash. Empty Same to you

Post  knrclark May 23rd 2010, 10:31 am

Back at you Travis. It was a pleasure meeting you after all these years seeing you on the forum. I hope we get to see each other again next year.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Official thank you thread for the bash. Empty Re: Official thank you thread for the bash.

Post  stangr8cr May 23rd 2010, 12:18 pm

The pleasure was all mine meeting you Travis! Thanks for the brainstorming and help turning the wrenches swapping springs and adjusting the roll bar. Now that the car is leaving like it should, we can now fine tune motor/suspension and get this thing running HARD! Thanks to Blake as well for driving the old girl for me allowing me to see for myself what she is doing. It's hard to tell seat of the pants and actually seeing what all is going on. I would most of all like to thank Bill Mitchell for building us an awesome chassis. Without his help, I would have been like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest!! Very Happy Those adjustments you suggested were right on the money Bill! As for thanking the sponsers, we can't thank ya'll enough for the work and money ya'll throw into this deal every year. Nick and Randy, thanks a bunch for installing 2 way deal! For everyone who attended, thanks again for the good time and family atmosphere!!! Ya'll are the ones who make this get together what it is and why it is THE BEST RACE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Cool The only regret I have is that Momma Bear and Poppa Bear weren't able to make it this year. I kinda had a empty feeling in my stomach when everyone asked where they were and I was by myself team wise until Friday evening when Bobbi-Jean and the girls met me. Without Momma and Poppa bear, NONE of this race team would be REMOTELY POSSIBLE!! This is a family deal to have fun and though it was a GREAT event, it was missing a little something in their absence. I love you guys, you're THE BEST parents any BOO BOO could ever ask for!! Wink Everyone still in route, ya'll travel safe and we'll see ya next year!!

Sorry so long,

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 23rd 2010, 12:31 pm

TravisRice wrote:First a big thanks to Charlie for always showing me great hospitality when I come to Owensboro. Thanks dad .. Razz

Blake, Coon ,The Dodge fellow (name escapes me) Rick and Sooz , for feeding me and letting me hang with them this weekend. It truly was my pleasure ad great to actually meet someone in person.

Kieth Sherry ........ what else can I say Laughing

Dan Hobbs and Nick Bruno , you guy's made it fun even before the bash got under way with all the hype on the net. I asked Nick some questions and he said he could not answer because his keyboard was not in front of him Razz Razz Razz ............ Your son however was a real card and a lot of fun to be around look out in a few more years.

Lem Evans for not skipping town this time when I came in. Looks like the best way to catch you is to not tell you that I am on my way.............. I was seriously thinking you were going to bail on me at lunch when you said you had a bridge building meeting Rolling Eyes but you came back.. Just kidding. Nice to finally meet you.

JetBoatBob, thanks for the tour and hospitality as well.

Lawes the pleasure was all mine

Damon ,Chuck and gang finally nice meeting you in person as well.

At the roadhouse I sat with Tore Avington ?? and his wife, Ward (Dr's Wife) and son, Seth Hembree, David Cole annd Phillip Oakley as well and had a great time.

John Bozzelle... your a tad taller than I pictured

Jack Austin, nice meeting you also

Kerry Clark , Erv and son was a pleasure too.

Randy Moore, you built a very well thought out car and it was a privilage talking with you.

Kieth Fulp , Dave Freelander , The Keowns , JackassFlatz , G-dog and crew. Nice meeting you as well.

Tim Murphy , a gentleman and a scholar for talking header collectors, chrome plating , stick cars , and through it all you remembered my name ............. amazing car also.

To any I may have missed ............... Thank you

Travis Rice

Travis, it was nice to meet you. I realy enjoyed hanging with you. The Dodge man was Will Johnson, a very good friend of mine.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and your welcome at our camp anytime . I just hate I missed you when you left, I looked for you and someone said the thought you headed home.

Thanks for the company and thanks for helping us on Boo Boo's car. You hooked him up............ Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon May 23rd 2010, 1:59 pm

Hey Travis,I'm glad I got to meet you in person!! Also glad that you hung out with us in the pits.I don't know about you,but my head is still spinning with all the ideas,thoughts and info I gathered from talking and listening to so many great people.Can't wait to do it again!!!---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 23rd 2010, 2:40 pm

Travis ,it was great meeting you!! Thanks to everyone who helped and attended this Bash. I hate that this weekend is over.I'm totally exhausted, but I'd do it all again !! Hope everyone makes it home safe. I feel this years Bash was the friendliest of them all. Everyone was there to have some fun !!! I hope it happens again next year !!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn May 23rd 2010, 3:12 pm

Travis it was a pleasure meeting. I alsways have a great time at the Bash. Next year you'll have to bring a car, we wouldn't want you to get the "Pit Biotch" award like Blake and Chuck. Official thank you thread for the bash. Lol Official thank you thread for the bash. Lol Official thank you thread for the bash. Lol Official thank you thread for the bash. Lol
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 23rd 2010, 3:25 pm

Travis and Family ,

I really dont know were to start .... this was the most memoriable event ive ever been to. Seein all my friends, you guys and i mean all of you guys are like family , there are so many of yall that i would have like to have spent time with and talked to. Adney it was great meeting you and your boys, they are some fine young men you have there and it was a pleasure talking to you at the Roadhouse.

Friday was a blast the weather held out for us and props to Phillip and his crew they did a wonderful job on the track this weekend. We mad a couple of passes off the trailer and i knew we were going to have problems , this tune that is in this plate feels like an extra 100 hp i could never get a clean pass all weekend.

The 10.5 race was an awesome experience ( very nervous ) i new we had some heavy hitters in the class and it was a blast and i hope we double this car count next year ...... Sat racing was even better (not for me Laughing ) i was a blast cheering on some of the guys at the starting line .... Cody L. man you were so close again this year man and it was great to see you make this trip again ....

i will stop rambling ...

Travis it was great to finally met you

Lem, Phillip again you guys out did yourselves , props to both of you guys

all the sponsors Charlie Evans, Adney Brown , Windy Hollow, Jomar, Probe Industries , Ford Perfomance, BF Evans , CKR thxs guys for making this possible... hope i didnt forget anyone

Dan Hobbs thanks for being a great friend

Boo Boo you have a great family and your daughters are very well mannered ...... sorry about you batt deal , but im so glad you got the car going straight

Scottk and Matt it was great meeting yall ...that black coupe of Scott's puts mine to shame ..its a jewel

Chuck, Blake, Damon, Tracey it was great to see you guys again this year , Damon thanks for all you do for this event too ...

Rick and Sooz it was great talking to yall this year ....

Wes and George always have had an impressive display of power ...... great to see you guys again , Mr. Cowen (bad sp) thanks for your continued motivation at the roadhouse Laughing

Greg aka 86coupe .... wow bro you are a trip had a great time Friday night at party you had me rolling all night

Gowie and wifey and was nice spending Sat evening with yall and chit chattin .......

Smiley and the gang it was great eating all that delicous food ...you guys were the best

i need to stop there were some many great times this weekend i could write a book .....

thanks guys for the best time ever !!!!!!

Nick

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 23rd 2010, 4:48 pm

oh and those pa boys are a crazy bunch ..thxs for the after party ................

GDOG in the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 23rd 2010, 4:51 pm

bruno wrote:oh and those pa boys are a crazy bunch ..thxs for the after party ................

GDOG in the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GDog rocks! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Official thank you thread for the bash. Empty Thanks!

Post  Wheelie58 May 23rd 2010, 9:30 pm

Travis,
It was great to see you too.
I have been bragging about the event and all of the fantastic racers, fans, people and cars that I got to see.
Just can't wait for 2011 Bash to get here.....
Thanks,
Keith Fulp
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke May 23rd 2010, 10:13 pm

Travis, good to put a face to a name. Nice meeting you.
Good to finally meet you Nick. As far as the cars go I hope when my coupe grows up it will run like yours.NICE!
Didn't get to meet as many as I would have liked, but tried to make it through the pits a few times to say hey.
Hope to meet more next year.
As far as Sat. goes Bruno, if you hadn't got out of shape you probably would have caught me no problem.

Once again good to see everyone, Blake, Damon, Rick, Red, Dan, Hillbilly Erv, and anyone else I'm leaving out.

Blake If you come to BG when you get your car ready HOLLA at me.

Last edited by scottke on May 23rd 2010, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 23rd 2010, 11:10 pm

I don't know where to start, so I'll just thank everyone, especially the sponsers, and Rick Brown, he is the best friend you could ask for, Mike, and Mark for baby sitting me, and helping with the car, Kerry Clark for the pointers on alky, anyone else that helped me thanks a bunch.
oh yeah, Pat from Jersey, he was going to dismantle his car, and give me parts, and Rick the rest. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice May 23rd 2010, 11:14 pm

IDT-572 wrote:

Travis, it was nice to meet you. I realy enjoyed hanging with you. The Dodge man was Will Johnson, a very good friend of mine.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and your welcome at our camp anytime . I just hate I missed you when you left, I looked for you and someone said the thought you headed home.

Thanks for the company and thanks for helping us on Boo Boo's car. You hooked him up............ Wink[/quote]

Blake, I headed out just about noon time, no one was around the camp and I really needed to head out to make it home at a decent hour without having to take a ciesta before I got there. Truley made some good friends this trip. Thanks for the fine dinig also.

61coon wrote:Hey Travis,I'm glad I got to meet you in person!! Also glad that you hung out with us in the pits.I don't know about you,but my head is still spinning with all the ideas,thoughts and info I gathered from talking and listening to so many great people.Can't wait to do it again!!!---RED

Coon, I worked at mine half the day, the rest I posted and downloaded pictures............... even caught myself wanting to put the seat in and pull them levers. Laughing Laughing Laughing Get workin on that car and checkout the build section I posted some more pics of the new progress. Make sure you show Will then pics too. Thanks again.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 23rd 2010, 11:14 pm

Travis, It was great to meet ya man,I'am a pretty good judge of character,and I hadn't talked to you but a short time and I knew you were a first class guy. Glad we got to talk and hang ,can't wait to see the 62 hit the lick. Later Brother Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 24th 2010, 7:15 am

Travis, Great meeting you and hope to see you at the next one or sooner !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY May 24th 2010, 9:02 am

Great meeting you Travis sorry I was so busy messing with the car really enjoyed talking to you .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 24th 2010, 12:16 pm

dfree383 wrote:Travis, Great meeting you and hope to see you at the next one or sooner !!!

NO Doubt . Was great meeting you Travis and hope we can all meet up at another race track soon. See if you guys can make it to the NMRA World Finals this fall Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole May 24th 2010, 4:38 pm

It was great to meet you Travis. Same goes for all the other 1st timers I met. It was good to see everyone else that I had met in prior years again as well. I had a great time. Wouldn't miss an event like this anytime.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 May 24th 2010, 10:53 pm

Travis, it was great to meet you. I have been following your build for a while now. Hope you can bring that heavyweight, small tire, stick car to the bash next year. Maybe we can arrange a stickshift gambler's race.
Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Official thank you thread for the bash. Empty Official thank you thread for the BASH

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ May 25th 2010, 11:49 am

I'd also like to add my "KUDOS" to all the sponsors, racers, and track officials. It was a great time, well worth the 14 hour drive.
And thankx for all the "tech" help - chassis and handling ideas from Lem and Blake, and others I cant remember - sorry 'bout that. Now to get 'em all done!
It was great meeting you Travis, and the pleasure was all mine. How'd the sale go ?
It was certainly a pleasure meeting everyone I see post on this site. YOUSE GUYZ ROCK !!!
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav May 25th 2010, 7:09 pm

All the kudos from me here too.
A special thanks from my Son Graham to Nick and Boo-Boo for bringing their children out. They all hit it right off, just like the BBF family that we are.

BTW, a special thanks to the Bozelles for the crawfish. When I got home my wife pulled them out of the cooler and warmed them up to eat as soon as We got home!!! Laughing I had to unload the car by myself Laughing She wants to go next year.

Im gonna take Smileys wife Vera to heart and hope she works on getting more of the Women folk out here with us. You hear that Vera? Wink
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 25th 2010, 8:29 pm

Sooz enjoyed all the women that showed up, at least all the ones she met. She loves this deal as much as me.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 25th 2010, 9:24 pm

Al,

Thanks for the grub Saturday evening and it was fun hanging out with you guys Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum