BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days

+4
D. Sea
jm
John I.
Greg_P
8 posters

Go down

I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days Empty I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 12:03 pm

Anyone know of anything cool going on around the area? I know we've got a few guys on here from somewhere in Canada.....lol.....
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days Empty Re: I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days

Post  John I. August 20th 2009, 12:07 pm

Well, if it wasn't for a friends stag party on Saturday, I would have been up there at West Edmonton Mall, but now the wife and kid are going without me. Might be a race at Capitol you could check out. What are you doing up there?

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days Empty Re: I'm stuck in Edmonton, Alberta for the next couple of days

Post  jm August 20th 2009, 12:15 pm

hi greg. my name is jay, and i live in reddeer, only about 1.2 hrs south of edmonton. give me a call after 4pm today. 403-885-6001 Laughing

jm

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 20th 2009, 12:19 pm

Play some Hockey Aye?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper August 20th 2009, 12:23 pm

Phantasea466 wrote:Play some Hockey Aye?

its "eh"
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 20th 2009, 12:25 pm

Diggindeeper wrote:
Phantasea466 wrote:Play some Hockey Aye?

its "eh"

My mistake Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 12:32 pm

No hockey for me, I'm too much of a wimp for that.

Jay, I don't have much for transportation, and I couldn't ask you to drive 2.4hrs round trip, but maybe I could scare up a cab to meet up with ya.

I'm up here on bidnezz, and it doesn't look like the bidnezz is starting until Saturday.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper August 20th 2009, 12:38 pm

well you gotta check out whyte ave, and the west edm mall...
thats about all i know in EDM.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  jm August 20th 2009, 12:49 pm

greg, give me a call tonight, maybe we can get together and do some car talk

jm

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 12:53 pm

Sounds good to me, I'll be calling....

Thanks for the nice offer!

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 August 20th 2009, 6:46 pm

jm wrote:hi greg. my name is jay, and i live in reddeer, only about 1.2 hrs south of edmonton. give me a call after 4pm today. 403-885-6001 Laughing
no you don't you live in Blackfalds Very Happy
greg. there is a track in nisku (the small town by the airport it's called castrol raceway. they usually have something going on.

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 20th 2009, 7:18 pm

Which part of town are you staying at Greg? Unlike some southern states Edmonton has a very good transit system if your transportation is limited. As mentioned White Ave is a hot spot on the weekends and is pretty cool to just walk during the day. It should be pretty busy on Saturday. Check out the Funky Pickle pizza jtoint. There is also West Edmonton Mall if you have never been. It is the largest mall in the world and has an indoor water park and Amusement park. It is kinda cool to see once. LOL. There is also a shit load of restaurants there to grab lunch while you are there. There is also the space and science center that has one of the first 6 IMAX theaters in North America. As mentioned Castrol Raceway is just south of the city right next to the airport where you came in.

I travel a lot for work so I know what it is like to sit around not knowing what to do. Let me know if you can't keep occupied I might be able to dig up an old friend to show you around.

BTW, what kind of work do you do?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 7:31 pm

Spoke with Jay tonight, if things go right we'll be checking out the drag races tomorrow night. Cool!

I will check out the mall, too, it has been suggested by several folks, so it must be cool, right?

I'm staying downtown, so there should be no trouble finding some of the things suggested, thanks guys!

Jason, I fly for a private company, and we're just hanging around waiting for the company to tell us where and when to go somewhere else.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 20th 2009, 8:02 pm

Well that's good to hear, I hope you have a good time. Hollar if you have any questions.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 20th 2009, 8:18 pm

I forgot to mention there is also Diamonds and Eden gentlemen club that are pretty nice. Go chuck yourself a few loonies and get some magnets for the toolbox. Showgirls is also an alright place.

http://www.diamondsgc.com/
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 August 20th 2009, 10:25 pm

I'm 3 hours south or I'd take ya for a spin in the 'Chero Exclamation
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 10:29 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I didn't bring my neck collar, Ken, and something tells me I'd need it in your ride....lol.....

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  jm August 25th 2009, 10:20 pm

i had a great time talking to you greg. maybe next time we could have some time to see some local racing Smile

jm

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 25th 2009, 10:50 pm

Man I was bummed, but had to go to work. Gotta pay the bills, you know.

It was great of you to offer to put yourself out so much just to set up a trip to the track, I really appreciate the efforts.

If you're in Dallas or I'm in Edmonton in the future, we gotta make it happen. Beer's on me of course!

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 August 26th 2009, 6:51 am

I dunno... beer on you doesn't sound quite right tongue lol! !
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down