BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear

5 posters

Go down

how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear Empty how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear

Post  bigjohn2007 March 14th 2010, 7:44 pm

my first time so don't rag me to bad i messed on that thing for about 1 hour. i got the whole rearend out and everythings was looking good already had the old ring gear off and the new on but when i took the pinion gear out i was in the dark with no flashlight. that thing must be pressed on so how does a poorboy like me get the bearing off and back on the new pinion gear with the shims behind bearing.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear Empty Re: how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear

Post  Larry Williams March 14th 2010, 9:08 pm

cut the cage so the bearings fall out then heat the inner race till it falls off
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear Empty Re: how do you guys get the bearing off the pinion gear

Post  fordman460 March 14th 2010, 9:26 pm

Larry Williams wrote:cut the cage so the bearings fall out then heat the inner race till it falls off
X2 It is pressed on. What rear are ya working on?
fordman460
fordman460

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 March 14th 2010, 10:21 pm

fordman460 wrote:
Larry Williams wrote:cut the cage so the bearings fall out then heat the inner race till it falls off
X2 It is pressed on. What rear are ya working on?
8.8 it got 35 spline axles with spool
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 14th 2010, 10:45 pm

I just use the press at work.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy March 14th 2010, 10:58 pm

I use a bearing puller seperator I bought from harbor freight for 45 bucks. Before that. I just go borrow a bearing seperator from autozone and a jaw puller. It comes right off. Then flip gear on its end and reverse procedure to install.
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down