BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle

+3
IcallhimGeorge
c.evans
Oakley Motorsports
7 posters

Go down

Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle Empty Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 16th 2010, 10:11 am

In conjunction with American Race Cars of Millbury, OH, DragstersForSale.com and Phillip Oakley Motorsports are proud to announce an exciting raffle contest where the grand prize winner will become the owner of a complete turn-key, state of the art dragster! The final drawing will take place on Friday, June 18 at the JEG’S U.S. OPEN “DragstersForSale.Com/Oakley Motorsports Customer Appreciation Party”. If the winner is at the event they will receive their new car as well as a paid for entry into the Saturday and Sunday portion of the “BIG GO” of bracket racing.

In addition to the grand prize, there will also be cold hard cash prizes for 2nd thru 5th places. That being $2,000 to second place, $1,000 to third place and $500 each to fourth and fifth. Tickets will be sold for $200 each and will be capped at 330 entries. As soon as all the entries are sold the list of entrants will be published and the top 5 finalists will be drawn and made public. You do not need to be in attendance at the final drawing to be eligible for this prize but the logistics of pick-up will need to be arranged by the lucky winner.

The 2010 American Race Cars 240” DFS/Oakley Motorsports Signature Series Swing Arm Dragster will include a Misty Lava Metallic powder coat finish on the chassis and extensive chrome list including 4-link bars, birdcage, trans ring & struts, radiator shroud, cable knobs, parachute handle, button mount, blow shield, scoop tray & mount, steering arms & tie rods. This car will include top of the line parts including an AFCO shock & spring, AFCO aluminum radiator & shroud, complete Strange 3rd member w/ 40-spline spool & pro 4.11 Gear, Strange 40-spline axles, Strange dual disc brakes, B&M transmission cooler, Sanders Engineering 16x16 double bead lock wheels and fronts, Hoosier 33.5x17x16 licks and fronts. Electronics will include a K&R Performance PCT 3 Pro Cube delay box and switch panel and relay board as well as a Racepak UDXRP dash. MSD electronics will include a digital ignition and coil that will be energized by an Optima battery. A RaceChrome Pro Bandit Shifter w/ Biondo Chrome Shift Solenoid will handle the shifting in the ****pit. Safety will be handled with a Stroud parachute and Simpson cam lock belts. The complete final assembly and professional wiring will be completed by DragstersForSale.com at their Evansville, IN facility. Power will aptly be handled by a Steve Schmidt Competition Engines 602” Bracket Buster BBC engine that will produce over 1000HP. This engine features components from Dart, Compstar, Comp Cams, Manley, Moroso, MSD, and Edelbrock and will be topped with a Quickfuel carb. To go along with the top of the line build this engine will feature upgraded Jesel rockers and belt drive. TCI Automotive is providing a complete Vasco Dedenbear shorty glide and converter to round out the driveline. Exhaust duties will be handled by The Fab Shop step headers and merge collectors coated with a beautiful Nitroplate Gloss Black finish. Todd’s Extreme Paint will be applying a d***ling array of colors to round out this show piece that is valued at $58,000!

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle Empty Re: Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 16th 2010, 10:12 am

With the help from the fine folks at QuickFuel Technology, DragstersForSale.com and Oakley Motorsports are excited to announce a special early bird drawing on the American Race Cars Raffle. Anyone who has purchased a ticket for the raffle, or does so by midnight February 28 will be automatically eligible to win a brand new Quickfuel 1050 QFX Series Carb! This drawing will be held on March 3rd at Quickfuel Technology’s headquarters in Bowling Green, KY and results will be available live right here on DragRaceResults.com. The winner will get to choose between a gas or alcohol dominator and the winning ticket is put back into the pool for a chance at additional prizes later on as well as the main drawing.

“It takes time to assemble a custom built race car, and we thought this would be a cool idea and neat way to keep everybody’s attention during that time. I’ve relied on Quickfuel Technology’s fuel systems and carbs since 2002 for my personal and customer cars, and they were more than happy to be a part of this exciting opportunity,” said Phillip Oakley of Oakley Motorsports.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle Empty Re: Oakley Motorsports and DFS New Dragster Raffle

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 16th 2010, 10:15 am

Guys I realize this dragster has a Chevy engine but this is a great chance to win an awesome race car. If you would like to Buy a ticket you can do so at racechrome.com or send me an e-mail at oakleysautomotiv@bellsouth.net.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 16th 2010, 9:10 pm

Guys, I saw Phillip today had he told me about this and IMO it's a really good deal. I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life, but I am buying some tickets for this dragster Exclamation Exclamation If I win, we'll sell the Chevy engine, put a BB Ford in it, and I'll put Kristina Lawyer in it to drive. Cool Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge February 16th 2010, 9:46 pm

Man!, this is a really cool deal. Let me scrape together some pennies and see what I can come up with.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 16th 2010, 9:51 pm

put me down for one payment is on it's way......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 16th 2010, 11:00 pm

Thanks guys. Steve Schmidt is giving his one year engine warranty to the winner from the date winning ticket is drawn. So a guy might want to wear out a Chevy for a year. Laughing

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 23rd 2010, 11:41 pm

Not a bad deal at all. One question though. Is the car built with adjustable pedals and such? I mean, what if a big guy like myself, or Chuck, or Jones happens to win that thing?

Does it come with a tub o' butter to grease our hips!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 23rd 2010, 11:47 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Not a bad deal at all. One question though. Is the car built with adjustable pedals and such? I mean, what if a big guy like myself, or Chuck, or Jones happens to win that thing?

Does it come with a tub o' butter to grease our hips!

comes with a box of saltine crackers to eat for a year..... Shocked

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 23rd 2010, 11:48 pm

Better come with a truckload of water too! Ever do the saltine challenge....

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 23rd 2010, 11:49 pm

yes and I got 6 down in what 3 mins hard as hell though...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 23rd 2010, 11:51 pm

Better than me. I've done 4 then locked up...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 25th 2010, 11:08 pm

thanks guys to all that have purchased tickets.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 25th 2010, 11:28 pm

Paid online last night. Keeping my fingers crossed! Somebody will end up with a nice ride!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldani March 6th 2010, 4:32 pm

Mr. Oakley... is this the same engine you run in your car? LOL! Nice to meet you at the Expo... even if you did hang with JB! Laughing
Oldani
Oldani

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace March 7th 2010, 1:45 am

I must be real stupid ! I don't see a price listed for the tickets. and on the link to the race chrome deal is no information.

Ace

OK found it

Win a Complete Turnkey American Dragster or Cash! $200.00

Click to enlarge
In conjunction with American Race Cars of Millbury, OH, DragstersForSale.com and Phillip Oakley Motorsports are proud to announce an exciting raffle contest where the grand prize winner will become the owner of a complete turn-key, state of the art dragster! The final drawing will take place on Friday, June 18 at the JEG’S U.S. OPEN “DragstersForSale.Com/Oakley Motorsports Customer Appreciation Party”. If the winner is at the event they will receive their new car as well as a paid for entry into the Saturday and Sunday portion of the “BIG GO” of bracket racing. In addition to the grand prize, there will also be cold hard cash prizes for 2nd thru 5th places. That being $2,000 to second place, $1,000 to third place and $500 each to fourth and fifth. Tickets will be sold for $200 each and will be capped at 330 entries. As soon as all the entries are sold the list of entrants will be published and the top 5 finalists will be drawn and made public. You do not need to be in attendance at the final drawing to be eligible for this prize but the logistics of pick-up will need to be arranged by the lucky winner. The 2010 American Race Cars 240” DFS/Oakley Motorsports Signature Series Swing Arm Dragster will include a Misty Lava Metallic powder coat finish on the chassis and extensive chrome list including 4-link bars, birdcage, trans ring & struts, radiator shroud, cable knobs, parachute handle, button mount, blow shield, scoop tray & mount, steering arms & tie rods. This car will include top of the line parts including an AFCO shock & spring, AFCO aluminum radiator & shroud, complete Strange 3rd member w/ 40-spline spool & pro 4.11 Gear, Strange 40-spline axles, Strange dual disc brakes, B&M transmission cooler, Sanders Engineering 16x16 double bead lock wheels and fronts, Hoosier 33.5x17x16 licks and fronts. Electronics will include a K&R Performance PCT 3 Pro Cube delay box and switch panel and relay board as well as a Racepak UDXRP dash. MSD electronics will include a digital ignition and coil that will be energized by an Optima battery. A RaceChrome Pro Bandit Shifter w/ Biondo Chrome Shift Solenoid will handle the shifting in the cockpit. Safety will be handled with a Stroud parachute and Simpson cam lock belts. The complete final assembly and professional wiring will be completed by DragstersForSale.com at their Evansville, IN facility. Power will aptly be handled by a Steve Schmidt Competition Engines 602” Bracket Buster BBC engine that will produce over 1000HP. This engine features components from Dart, Compstar, Comp Cams, Manley, Moroso, MSD, and Edelbrock and will be topped with a Quickfuel carb. To go along with the top of the line build this engine will feature upgraded Jesel rockers and belt drive. TCI Automotive is providing a complete Vasco Dedenbear shorty glide and converter to round out the driveline. Exhaust duties will be handled by The Fab Shop step headers and merge collectors coated with a beautiful Nitroplate Gloss Black finish. Todd’s Extreme Paint will be applying a dazzling array of colors to round out this show piece that is valued at $58,000! Tickets can be purchased right here using your Visa/MC/Discover card in our safe, secure online store. Sorry, AMEX not accepted.
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 19th 2010, 6:43 pm

Who won this thing?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace June 19th 2010, 7:04 pm

I heard something about a colorado guy winning a dragster today at the divisional race I'm racing in. Cody Parker? might not be the same deal.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 19th 2010, 9:36 pm

I found the winner's name on Drag Race Results.com

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum