BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello its me or not

3 posters

Go down

Hello its me or not Empty Hello its me or not

Post  pedal2themetal45 August 16th 2009, 11:12 am

Hi
You asked for it...
I am Tim AKA pedal2themetal45
i chose that name as I started Rond-d-round racing at the young age of 45 and it was pedal to the metal and turn left. I only lasted 5 years.. I was not a good sponser getter so I had a second job to cover the costs my self.. I finaly came to the attage of
"YOU CAN TOTAL A RACE CAR ,,, YOU JUST GET TIRED OF FIXING IT".......
Well I got tired ot fixing it.. I had no crew, family or other wise helping in repairs or what not.. I even had a cousin that was a several year Champion and top class runner all the time ... NO help from him we were even in the same car class.. my best champion ship finish was 6th ....
My Father was an avid Ford man.. and so am I.. I have had some other cars but come back to ford..
What makes me mad.. Some one with $$$$ (or not) doing a rod, street ,Rat or custom .. Taking a Classic FORD and saving pennies by basderizing it with a GM motor..
AND THEN PUTTING FORD MOTOR STICKERS ON THE MOTOR
Now I am kind of in the same boat by Ford powering a non ford truck (my 1964 International 4 door truck.) Atleast its not a GM..
My line up is
1964 International 4 door truck (my drag racing rig (460 power) and weekend driver)
1961 FOMOCO Comet (my daily driver, (200 Inline 6) it was not a mercury untill 1962)
1979 AMC Concord (Wife's driver, 232 6cyl.)
1984 Ranger 4 cyl. (Doing a 302 swap into it (right now I'm rebuilding the 302) should be done by winter I hope)
1972 Pinto .. I used the front end on my race car when I was round-d-round racing so I am stripping this car out and turning it into a sleeping trailer to tow around.
Personal me
I'm 56
Born in Napa, California
mairred 1971 (still mairred to the same woman)
2 kids (girl/boy)
I started working in service stations in 1966 in Kalispell, Montania
I Work for the school district here 22 years. (head custodian elementary Schools)
I am MOTOR SPORTS
I don't like Foot ball, Base Ball, Basket ball, Socker.
I like Drag racing, Nascar, Sprint boat, power boat, drag boat, Moto cross, Off road trucks. anything MOTOR sports. I LOVE THE SOUND OF AN UNCAPPED BIG BLOCK
You asked for it..
Take Care
Tim

pedal2themetal45

Back to top Go down

Hello its me or not Empty Re: Hello its me or not

Post  bruno August 16th 2009, 11:39 am

Tim,

Welcome i hope you enjoy the site and met new friends ....great story btw Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Hello its me or not Empty Re: Hello its me or not

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 16th 2009, 4:59 pm

Welcome