BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck

5 posters

Go down

Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck Empty Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck

Post  adrenaline269 February 8th 2010, 3:09 pm

Can an intake from a 11.2 deck be made to fit a short deck 10.3? What would be involved?

adrenaline269

Back to top Go down

Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck Empty Re: Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck

Post  dfree383 February 8th 2010, 4:00 pm

Thats a little much to cut IMO, the other way around involves using some spacers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck Empty Re: Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck

Post  the Coug February 8th 2010, 7:03 pm

I agree it is a little much for cutting to fit a 10.3 block....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 8th 2010, 10:03 pm

As the other guys are telling you, if you took that much off the flanges, it's too much and your runner roof will be way higher than you port roof.

Another option would be to split it down the center, from front to rear. Your manifold bottom becomes narrower, so you will have to deal with that issue. Next, you could probably line up on the ports with your runners, however your plenum will become much narrower, along with your carb pad being narrower.

Sop, at the end of the day, it may be best to just sell it and start with a clean sheet of paper.

I am assuming that it is a sheet metal tunnel ram style of manifold,,,,what heads was it being used on???

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 9th 2010, 12:34 am

is this a sheetmetal intake, if so the above is the only way,cut it down the middle, it works, i did it 3 years ago, and i just cut it again to go back to a 11.2,lol lot of work
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  adrenaline269 February 9th 2010, 1:08 am

Yes it is a sheet intake with cnc runners with fuel injector bungs. Plan in to cut the intake tube off the back and weld it shut, then machine and instal 2 carb pads on top plate to mount 2 2000cfm throttle bodies. It is for a set of c-460 heads. The motor the heads and intake are off of was a 632 so I asume it was a 11.2 deck block, I am waiting for the shop to get back to me on exactly what it was

Modifying an intake, tall deck to short deck Intake

adrenaline269

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 9th 2010, 5:42 am

Alot of 632's are10.3 deck motors
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 9th 2010, 9:36 am

you may wish to check the runners, on most of the injection intake the runner are strait, not so good on an engine you intend to carb, the runners should have a slight taper down to the ports..... sometimes what works on one won't on another........

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum