BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP to BSFC relation

3 posters

Go down

HP to BSFC relation Empty HP to BSFC relation

Post  4.72 January 24th 2010, 4:09 pm

I would like to know how much fuel needed for one hp,on the dayno? and how to calculate from BSFC TO HP
thanks 4.72

Back to top Go down

HP to BSFC relation Empty Re: HP to BSFC relation

Post  rmcomprandy January 24th 2010, 5:51 pm

4.72 wrote:I would like to know how much fuel needed for one hp,on the dayno? and how to calculate from BSFC TO HP
thanks 4.72

"Brake Specific Fuel Consumption" is simply the amount of fuel required to make 1 observed, (uncorrected), horsepower.
There is NO set amount which it NEEDS to be for any given engine. It is simply an indication of how efficient the engine is opperating.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 24th 2010, 7:08 pm

i believe this question is Pretty broad for different cam, compression and heads it varies along with elevation and air density and humidity air Temp it all comes in effect when you get that specific.... and no two days or even few hours will be the same....Then you get into the percentage of the load the engine is pulling at any specific time and it will constantly change from minute to minute..... Shocked and this is just a few things to look at there are many more......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down