BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore?

4 posters

Go down

Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore? Empty Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore?

Post  ED468 December 11th 2023, 10:37 am

Figured someone could tell me if pushrod to guide plate or pushrod holes would for sure be a problem with only .040- .050 to intake side? Thanks

ED468

Back to top Go down

Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore? Empty Re: Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore?

Post  dfree383 December 11th 2023, 11:15 am

What is the .040-.050 measurement?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore? Empty Re: Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore?

Post  ED468 December 11th 2023, 11:43 am

Would be the Intake valve to outer cylinder wall spread apart amount extra. . This would also correct the Intake port match. TFS heads to Stock victor matchI did over a decade ago and found some core shift throwing it off .080 or so. .040 would equal spreading intake side .080 and thinking about grinding valve notch in top of cylinder and this might help with shrouding as well as opening the valve releif in piston some. Need to loose a point in compression anyway Smile. Biggest help might be opening the chamber more. Just a thought so far.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 11th 2023, 12:15 pm

ED468 wrote:Figured someone could tell me if pushrod to guide plate or pushrod holes would for sure be a problem with only .040- .050 to intake side? Thanks

The valves are spread APART in the "Blue Thunder" heads; not simply moved-over.

You can cut and move the guide-plates then weld them together again to have alignment with the valve tips; pushrod holes in the heads will be OK unless a hydraulic roller lifter is used.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

ED468 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ED468 December 17th 2023, 6:44 pm

Looks like I would need studs that shaft is same size as threads to move enough. not enlarging exhaust bolt hole any since its thin now lol.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 17th 2023, 9:44 pm

ED468 wrote:Figured someone could tell me if pushrod to guide plate or pushrod holes would for sure be a problem with only .040- .050 to intake side? Thanks

I have moved the bores over when boring a Ford big block. Never tried moving a big block Ford head but, have certainly moved a big block Chevy head "over" and  Mopar heads "up" on their decks.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller and ED468 like this post

Back to top Go down

Any one tried moving heads over to simulate big bore? Empty head shift

Post  hbstang December 21st 2023, 5:30 pm

i am sure bob glidden tried it,and maybe smokey yunick?i have seen somthing about this long ago,but for whats its worth,just get a set of boss heads and dont fret.it would be a lot of time and money for a little gain.
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down