BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE

2 posters

Go down

SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE Empty SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE

Post  supervel45 October 8th 2023, 5:40 am

I Called Mike Durning the Week to See What He Had or Could Do For a Smallish HFT.

He Basically Said Nothing Now Without Cores.

Maybe Billet, I Did Not Ask, and That is For Racing Rollers, As for as I Know and $$$.

He Did Have {1} One SFT 429/460 Ford Camshaft Left.

Spec.'s are From Memory but are right I Believe.

.050" Duration 260/270.   Lift .650"/.650"- Not Exact on the Lift but, Pretty Close.   LSA 112

Did Not Ask Advertised Duration. It Should Be Somewhere Over 300 or There About's.

Sounds Like a Sweet Nitrous or Mild Boost Grind to Me.

If You Have Some Compression and Gear and a Standard or Loose Convertor, I Would Run it in a Heart Beat.Wink

Price: Did Not Ask.

If You Need a Bump Stick He is Easy to Find on The Net and Answers The Phone Cool

supervel45

Back to top Go down

SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE Empty Re: SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE

Post  rmcomprandy October 8th 2023, 10:40 am

supervel45 wrote:I Called Mike Durning the Week to See What He Had or Could Do For a Smallish HFT.

He Basically Said Nothing Now Without Cores.

Maybe Billet, I Did Not Ask, and That is For Racing Rollers, As for as I Know and $$$.

He Did Have {1} One SFT 429/460 Ford Camshaft Left.

Spec.'s are From Memory but are right I Believe.

.050" Duration 260/270.   Lift .650"/.650"- Not Exact on the Lift but, Pretty Close.   LSA 112

Did Not Ask Advertised Duration. It Should Be Somewhere Over 300 or There About's.

Sounds Like a Sweet Nitrous or Mild Boost Grind to Me.

If You Have Some Compression and Gear and a Standard or Loose Convertor, I Would Run it in a Heart Beat.Wink

Price: Did Not Ask.

If You Need a Bump Stick He is Easy to Find on The Net and Answers The Phone Cool

I get some camshafts from Mike for other customer build brand engines; he owns "SpeedTalk".
Dealing with him is easy ... he is not just a salesman; he only tells facts and knows what he is talking about.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller and Dave De like this post

Back to top Go down

SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE Empty Re: SFT High Performance Custom Cam ONLY ONE

Post  supervel45 October 8th 2023, 12:18 pm

^ No Doubt About That in My Mind Randy.

Very Pleasant to Talk with and Not in a Mad Rush Like Alot of Shops Nowadays.

Did Not Know He Took Over Speed TalK, Either.

He Also Informed Me that Another Fellow on The Net Going By "Mike Jones" was who was/is Offering the Break in Service for SFT and HFT Cams.

^ It May or May Not Be A Bad or Good Deal. I Have Never Used It Before, and When I Linked it Here, I Was Under The Impression That It Was "Cam King king " Mike.

BBF Cams are Getting "Stupid Hard" To Come By and CompCams 270H10 HFT's are Going For $$$300$$$ Plus on The FleeBay in Completed Listings. I Picked Up The One Right Below That for 165 with Tappets New, Plus the Ride, Just To Have It, Use It or Not.

I Will Likely Pick-UP One of The Ford OEM Re-Grinds for 130 also. He Has Some Appealing to Me Grinds Except for the 112LSA's, He Cut's Them all On.

^ For What I Have in Mind Now The Smother Idle Would Be a Plus Though, as Well as For a Little Juice Use.

Mike Said If You Don't Get Too Carried Away Cutting Them, They Should Work Fine. study

I Did Not Want The .550" Plus Lift with 80-100K Stock Valve Springs, So Almost .500" Lift Is Fine By Me. If I Even Bother With Using It.

When I Get The Intake Off for My SCJ Deal I Will Mike The Cam In There. It May Have Been Upgraded Already and May Also Have a Straight Up Crank Gear for All I Know.

It Seem's to Run Better Then I Remember the Early Smogger Mid 80's Trucks we Used To Have on the Job.

Any Idea What Cam King Charges for a BBF SFT?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down