BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh"

3 posters

Go down

Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh" Empty Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh"

Post  supervel45 September 1st 2023, 2:29 pm

It's too many bad factors coming together too fast at once, in my opinion for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SrjnydybOI

Sad Times. Sad

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh" Empty Re: Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh"

Post  Dave De September 1st 2023, 8:40 pm

Yes but not having a good block for foundation is major. If I was to build a big power adder engine it would not be a BBF. If something isn't done quickly we can shut down all the parts made for over 800hp. I've wondered if Dart considered making blocks. Maybe the business model isn't sound? Does Dart even know about this?

A few weeks ago I pitted near Johnny Quick at Milan during a test session. Even he runs that billet aluminum block hemi. Looking forward next year, if the block problem isn't resolved many will bail out and sell their engine parts at a big discount as they move to a reliable parts platform engine. Right now its easier to find parts to build a Pontiac engine than a BBF. Yeah we've had covid and the economy issues but its not affecting other platforms the way it is for BBF.
Those of you in the business that specialize in BBF must be on the ceiling angry.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh" Empty Re: Bad News For the Texas BBF Scene "Lafawnduh"

Post  rmcomprandy September 1st 2023, 8:50 pm

Dave De wrote:Yes but not having a good block for foundation is major. If I was to build a big power adder engine it would not be a BBF. If something isn't done quickly we can shut down all the parts made for over 800hp. I've wondered if Dart considered making blocks. Maybe the business model isn't sound? Does Dart even know about this?

A few weeks ago I pitted near Johnny Quick at Milan during a test session. Even he runs that billet aluminum block hemi. Looking forward next year, if the block problem isn't resolved many will bail out and sell their engine parts at a big discount as they move to a reliable parts platform engine. Right now its easier to find parts to build a Pontiac engine than a BBF. Yeah we've had covid and the economy issues but its not affecting other platforms the way it is for BBF.
Those of you in the business that specialize in BBF must be on the ceiling angry.

It is all about "return on investment" to most, (if not all), manufacturers. Hardly anybody will do things in this business without a big "money" guaranty.
Small profit margins, which take a couple years to recover an investment, won't even get discussed by many.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 2nd 2023, 1:26 am

I spent quite awhile looking for any details on Mike Murillo's BBF in the interweb arena and I have come up with Zilch for Engine Combo, 0. Would Like to see it Though, and So Would any Ford Competition, I Bet.

Mr. Lems thread from 2007 was destroyed by VS including words censored with ****'s many pictures gone and likely some posts. It's certainly not what it was in 2007.

Don Wash at SVO made the Big Jan. 1987 (Put Together in 1986, No Doubt) Ford Special Book that included the A460 heads and as was said the small port b460 truck head, as well as the rest of the SVO Parts.

It Had Bob Glidens Blue/White with Red Headlight Accents, Chief Auto Parts Thunderbird on the Cover.

I double checked mine before I posted. B460 Listed 2.25" Intake, 1.9"X1.5" Port. A460 2.30" Intake 2.4"X1.7" Port. That's what it said in the Paper Edition, just Like BOSS429 said. They Also had a B460 Intake with them.

(4) intake gasket where listed for the A460 and B460 Heads, (A or B) A460 head, (C or D) B460. The Difference was mainly thickness, that I could tell.

Those "Bastard" Heads as were said where going to select High Level Racers in the mid 1980's.

They "may" have been called "Bastard" heads because Bob Glidden Rejected Them. Maybe not and it was a clever sales pitch. For all I know might have been Both.

Point being all the Big Three were playing the parts number game for ProStock, Then. It was also on Public TV Back Then and People Watched. Major Money Involved Also.

It all got rolled into the DRCE program, Cross Bread, and even Lem said at one point it was very cost affective to stick what ever brand grille and valve cover emblem on the car the Sponsor was paying for at A Latter Point and at those levels and maybe for some of the lower level guys as well. Suspect

Back to Mike. He has been running BBF for decades in Texas as has had, and does have an Extremely Fast Ford, for many years. Just for note Frankie (Mad Man) Taylor is No Prep Racing Also or was not long ago.

It would not surprize me {Mike} he has some very talented after market inside support.

I don't think for a second Joe Blow racer walked into Ford and picked up a set of "Special" TFS, Oops            
SVO B460 heads. If you would have Read the "Bastard" thread carefully it was no secrete. It was also Always that way since NHRA Started and The Big Three started their Chosen Driver Teams.

I don't see Mike Running A460 or regular Eliminator Blocks Either. That just speculation on my part though.

Paul Kane's long time friend also deserves special mentioned also on the TFS "B460 Heads", may he rest in peace. Van, the Alky Supercharger Racer, was going mid 6's in the 1/4 mile in around this time frame. That is no small feat back then.

Erica Ortiez running high 6's and almost winning first (2nd Place Finish I believe) place with the factory block cast crank and I believe SVO SCJ's is another Steller Performance for a TT BBF. That was much later though.

In the field of Top Heads Up Boosted Big Blocks I don't see any worthwhile Factory or general production Aftermarket Engine anywhere near the 3.50's and now 3.49 or more.

Frankie Taylor's 3.48 214 MPH one run pass in 2014 will be broken and he switched from a Die Hard 4.84" platform to a Hemi, it seems like 2 decades ago.

For most people it's much better in the Factory "Style" Small Block World in My Opinion, Then Trying to relive the 1980's and 90's Glory Days of the BBF Drag Racing or any other BB non Billet. Don't Forget Bob Glidden had his own Block Program Then Too! Crying or Very sad It is What It IS.

I believe Randy is Highly Likely to be Spot On, with his post.

The Truck and Boat World is what I could see doing it, if the Aftermarket Blocks Come Back. "If" I see that as a very Long Shot Also.

Here is a Little Info on Mikes Car with a Short Video.

Claimed 3,700-4,000HP with 2,700HP to the Ground . 4.0's 1/8 mile 196MPH.

https://news.speedsociety.com/mike-murillo-spills-the-beans-on-his-twin-turbo-mustang/

Here's an older 2009 article with the 541 A-Head Engine running 6.70 at 219MPH 1/4 Mile, 10.5 Tires.

He beat Bob Glidden at the Las Vegas Race

https://www.motortrend.com/features/hrdp-0905-1993-ford-mustang-lx-drag-racer/

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down