BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Lem Evans

+14
69F100
t-bird racer
5pointslow
Curt
Mark Miller
Toony
2 wicked
cool40
504T
rmcomprandy
BBFTorino
stanger68
supervel45
bruno
18 posters

Go down

RIP Lem Evans  Empty RIP Lem Evans

Post  bruno August 19th 2023, 6:41 am

Prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends. He was a huge part of the Big Block ford community. We will all miss him.

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

747JetMech, J.Toney, cool40, Mark Miller and 68galaxie like this post

Back to top Go down

RIP Lem Evans  Empty Re: RIP Lem Evans

Post  supervel45 August 19th 2023, 7:14 am

RIP Lem. Prayers Sent.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 August 19th 2023, 8:29 am

Indeed. Sorry to hear that.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino August 19th 2023, 10:53 am

What??!!......what happened?

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 19th 2023, 11:23 am

He will certainly be missed by many ... some of our "discussions" were very productive and educational to both of us.

Rest in piece ... friend.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

QtrWarrior, J.Toney, cool40 and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  504T August 19th 2023, 11:51 am

So sorry to hear this, I really enjoyed him - he was a huge help to me - as he was to most who came in contact with him. He is going to be truly missed.
504T
504T

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 19th 2023, 12:20 pm

I’ll sure miss the late evening calls. RIP Lem!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked August 19th 2023, 12:52 pm

Was the most pleasant person to talk to, never met him in person. He will be missed by many in the bbf community. RIP Lem

2 wicked

Mark Miller and 68galaxie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Toony August 19th 2023, 5:48 pm

this is very sad, he always was there with advice and ready to help.

Toony

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller August 19th 2023, 9:48 pm

BBFTorino wrote:What??!!......what happened?

X2 what happened and sorry to hear that he passed away?He posted this past Tuesday Aug 15th about Aftermarket 460 Blocks in the Engine Tech Section!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 20th 2023, 11:59 am

RIP Lem Evans  1f62a So sorry to hear this. What a great man and a wealth of knowledge. He was a very good friend and I will miss his random phone calls. My condolences to his family and our community.

Love you Lem, I will miss you dearly.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller August 20th 2023, 9:56 pm

BBFTorino wrote:What??!!......what happened?

A guy on Yellow Bullet said Heart Failure Very Sad For Sure!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 22nd 2023, 6:19 am

Rest easy Lem
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer August 23rd 2023, 2:39 pm

I spoke to Lem several times when he ordered parts for me. He was always helpful and great guy to talk to. Rest in peace. Prayers sent to the family.
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 23rd 2023, 3:47 pm

Prayers for his family I talked to him a few times on the phone and always very helpful every time.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  glenevans August 25th 2023, 5:43 pm

Very sad to hear this

glenevans

Back to top Go down

RIP Lem Evans  Empty In Memory of Lem Evans Contribution to the 429/460 World

Post  supervel45 August 27th 2023, 12:00 am

I am kind of a Newbie Here in the Grand Scheme of Things Especially Compared to the OG's here and the ones before, 1968 and 1969 when the 429 Boss Mustang Came on the Scene. A Baby so to Speak, To Legend's.

I remember back in 1971 when my parents picked up a new 1971 Galaxie 500 with an optional one year only 9/1 compression non EGR 400Cid and then being Disapointed finding out a 4294V could have be had for "For A Few More Dollars". It is of no Consequence, here just a Reference to Time.

Keep in Mind Before Internet got Big There where Paper Books and Magazines.

Then There was Network54 the First Big Ford Engine Forum that Made it.

Then There was 460.Ford Dot Com.

Then Corporate Kanuks Bought Them Out and Did the Corporate BS!

Then the Pissed Off Members Started This Place. ww429-460.com. Thank's Bruno. Cool

Then Came "The Great PhotoBuck Masacre" and much of the Photo Evidence of History that "Did" Make the Interenet  was Lost.

There was a Famous 1979 Ford Pickup in Texas called "Hay Hauler" that went into the 7's 1/4 Mile around 20 years ago at H-Town (BayTown Tx.) Raceway Park. I know the Owner and he is a member here. If you see this John, Please post Pictures, or Video, as you ran some of this Obsolete Pro Stock Equipment for Awhile.

^This Also is of Little Consequence Here^, It is Just to Stress the Fact that It Happened, I saw the Truck (and Times 1/8 Mile), and the Internet Has No Trace of it, (At Least in the Google Search and Forum Sense) At least That I can Find.

I could not find any picture of Lems Drag Boat that ran in the 9's with the Then Experimental TFS "Bastard" heads in their Deployment in the Boat Racing World ( I believe Durning The Bob Glidden Pro Stock Hey Day of the Latter 1990's )with the SVO Casting Number B460 not to be confused with small b460 "Truck" A460 heads.

Bob Glidden Turned Down Rick Smith from TFS in running them in Pro Stock, During it's Heyday for Ford.

I do remember the fast Mopar's running the B1's in the magazines of the Day (1980's) being called              
"B1 Bomber" as a complement to the Air Force's most Advanced Plane (B2 was around I believe also or coming) to bring it to the Reds during the President Reagan's, Part of the Cold War.

Kind of Like the SR-71 Black Bird Heads now, as the Fastest most High Flying Plane from the 1960's, Except for its Single Seat Brother that got little press when they came out to the public in 1964, for good reason.

Mr. Evans and Another Gentleman in Texas with a Ultra Rare Solid (No Water Blown Alky) set of "Bastard" Heads, put These heads and TFS on the Map on the Water so to Speak.

They ( B460 Heads )Also Played a Part Into The Best Racing Heads we Have Today.

The JC50 and JC51 Were/Are the Ulitimate. At Least at 500CID!

The JC51's Quailified 1 spot in Dallas Tx. in 2022 in the NHRA Econo Dragster Class. They Live On to This Day!

Lem Evan and for all practical purposes (pun intended) his Brother Charlie Evans, and Darin Morgan are in the Same Sentence on Cylinder Head Devolement Time and Time Again when Big Block Ford Discussions Come up in This Small Comunity. Right up There with the Likes of Bob Glidden and Jon Kaase.

In my Opinion Mr. Evans was a Very Modest Man.

Below is one of the Few Threads on the B460 "Bastard Heads as They Where Known". There are a few Others.

https://www.460ford.com/threads/anyone-running-the-bastard-pro-stock-heads.113794/page-5

In My Book that is a Major Acheivment in Big Block Ford Racing History.

Bruno, or Charlie, if I am Out of Line, Let me Know and I will Remove my Post. I am trying to be as Respectful as I know how, to all Concerned I Hope. I Mainly Posted This for Newer Members That May Have Not of Known of Mr. Lem Evans Major Role in the Big Block Ford Community Over Many Many Years.

My Condolences to the Evans Family for Your Great Loss.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice August 27th 2023, 9:34 am

rmcomprandy wrote:He will certainly be missed by many ... some of our "discussions" were very productive and educational to both of us.

Rest in piece ... friend.

My sentiments exactly. Through the years I've tried some dumb stuff and floated crazy ideas and would get PM's from Lem that simply said "call me". We would discuss and I learned quite a bit from our conversations. More times than not discussion would last 5 minutes on the topic and 10 about what was going on in our lives. Always a big help, from a daily driver to full blown race combo, the man put his heart and soul into your project and what he could do to help you along the way. Rest in Peace and may the horsepower be with you friend you will be missed greatly....

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

RIP Lem Evans  Empty Lem

Post  747JetMech August 29th 2023, 4:16 pm

Prayers to Lem and his family and close friends. He mentored many of us on this forum and helped us all out from time to time. I could always rely on him for advice on
engine building when I ran into trouble. He was unselfish when giving out his knowledge to us. Not many like him anymore and he WILL be missed by all of us.
I hope someone will step up to mentor our Ford brothers in the same way he did. I think he would like that.

God Speed Lem

J.M.
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Post  nedceifus October 10th 2023, 3:11 pm

In the years I have been poking around the BBF forums Lem always seemed to be the go to guy. Last year when I built my current motor. I had the pleasure of doing business with him. Heads & a Lem Evans custom ground camshaft. I feel privileged to have his years of knowledge powering my Ford. He was great to work with. Thoughts & prayers to his family. Rest in peace my brother.
nedceifus
nedceifus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down