BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotor cuff surgery

4 posters

Go down

Rotor cuff surgery  Empty Rotor cuff surgery

Post  2 wicked July 10th 2023, 10:02 pm

Well I'm screwed for the summer n fall. Slipped getting off the excavator at work. Fell backwards and landed on my shoulder. Go in for a MRI later this week to see how bad it is. The Dr said probably 6 weeks healing and 4/6 months physical therapy. Any body had rotor cuff surgery? Everybody I talked to said it's a long recovery. Can't move my arm forward or out away from me to the side. Thanks cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Rotor cuff surgery  Empty Re: Rotor cuff surgery

Post  Curt July 10th 2023, 10:59 pm

I need surgery now, but I don't want a year or more off of work.  I've done a lot of research on it. They key is rehab, rehab, rehab until you have full mobility. If you stop, you'll be forever where you left off.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked July 17th 2023, 3:46 pm

Man this sucks, just talked to Dr and ins company. Can't get a MRI for almost 3 weeks. Freaking shoulder is going to be screwed!!!

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 17th 2023, 6:39 pm

I agree, we should let more illegals in and put them at the front of the line for medical/hospital care, I really do cross my heart. santa

Hope you get in soon and get it taken care of.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rls7201 July 30th 2023, 6:25 pm

I had rotor cuff surgery about 12 years ago. After surgery they put my arm in a sling. When I return to the doctor, 2 weeks later, I had dumped the sling and had my hand in my pocket, for support.
The nurse about $hit. At the end of 30 days I was using my right arm and hand in a limited fashion. At about 90 days I was going at full throttle.
Your mileage may vary. GRIN

Richard

rls7201

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked July 30th 2023, 7:51 pm

Damn, I hope it goes that good. But I ain't 25, I'm 53. Everybody I talk to says 6 weeks healing, 6 months physical therapy.

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 30th 2023, 8:24 pm

Once you think you are fully healed, I would recommend not using impact tools with that arm for a very long time if possible. They take a major toll on all arm, hand and shoulder joints and I would think could upset what seems to be a fully healed wound. If you are in good physical shape you may heal faster than someone who is not, everyone is different.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked August 8th 2023, 5:38 pm

Finally heard from the Doctor today, ripped 2 muscle groups from the bone on the back of my shoulder. Surgery here we come!! Lol

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down