BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark plugs

4 posters

Go down

Spark plugs Empty Spark plugs

Post  nedceifus September 27th 2022, 10:19 am

Builder recommended a 14mm 3/4 reach Champion. Not sure looking at Summit what I am looking at. They have an AC Delco 19308035 Platinum Gold. This is a 10./1 solid roller pump gas street motor. Also what is the ticket on oil filters these days. I don’t think the Jomar filters are available anymore.
nedceifus
nedceifus

Back to top Go down

Spark plugs Empty Re: Spark plugs

Post  rmcomprandy September 27th 2022, 10:58 am

nedceifus wrote:Builder recommended a 14mm 3/4 reach Champion. Not sure looking at Summit what I am looking at. They have an AC Delco 19308035 Platinum Gold. This is a 10./1 solid roller pump gas street motor. Also what is the ticket on oil filters these days. I don’t think the Jomar filters are available anymore.

The K&N oil filters work well.

I use NGK Iridium plugs in the race or street engines; BKR7EIX-2667.
They are usually available at most parts stores as they are used OEM on BMW cars.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

nedceifus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Spark plugs Empty was told to use NKG WR5-2438 V-power plugs ?

Post  RANCHEROMAC November 1st 2022, 1:35 pm

460 rebuild, pump gas, 450-500 hp ? are these the plugs to use ? also what would gap be ? thanks for advice

RANCHEROMAC

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 1st 2022, 8:02 pm

nedceifus wrote:Builder recommended a 14mm 3/4 reach Champion. Not sure looking at Summit what I am looking at. They have an AC Delco 19308035 Platinum Gold. This is a 10./1 solid roller pump gas street motor. Also what is the ticket on oil filters these days. I don’t think the Jomar filters are available anymore.

Use a K&N filter ... what heat range plugs are you seeking ?  
For an everyday street engine, I would start with an Iridium NGK - BKR7EIX -- 2667

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell November 3rd 2022, 9:28 am

IMO the BKR7 is a 7 heat range and too cold for a pump gas street build unless you're pushing 800hp and running in the 7K rpm range. On my street engines in the 600hp, 6K rpm range I run the BKR6E, one step hotter.
As far as oil filters, I like the Wix XP or K&N.

Scott Foxwell

nedceifus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down