BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally)

3 posters

Go down

VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally) Empty VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally)

Post  Coupe Devil March 31st 2022, 10:31 am

Very good news and I am very happy to say the least. When I wanted to start this project there were several skeptics that said the power I wanted wasn’t possible out of a CJ head but I am confident that with the people I have on board!!! Robert McLemore and his team have designed an intake that flat out WORKS. And now this makes 2 intakes that prove that Robert’s design in the right hands WILL MAKE HORSE POWER!
We have made 1094.5 HP with Blake's 580” BBF @ 7600 RPM and 858 ft lbs @ 6100 ! (1.9 HP / cubic inch) on a conservative dyno. NOT those inflated numbers we see from other dyno's in this industry.
During our dyno tests, there were a couple things we learned. The 1450 Quickfuel wouldn’t deliver enough fuel with 110 jets. So you going to need a man size carb to make this intake work as well as it has the potential too. That is no fault of Blakes, I can not think him enough for the work he has put in on this project as well. We just need more carb that will deliver more fuel. The carb signal is weaker possibly on the 1450 with the larger plenum volume. The metering block passage ways just simply will not flow enough fuel.
Discussions with people smarter than me say with a different ring package and camshaft it will make 1150 HP. There is NO other single cast manifold that can touch that on any CJ head program.
The Mafia has its place in the high hp BBF intakes. But with 2.5 1450 carb on both... the Venom had as much or more torque down low as the Mafia. They were closer to 6200 then the Venom Pulled away by 35 hp!!!! Mafia made 1066hp @ 6800 / 860ft lbs @ 5800. Due to time we were not able to dyno compare a stock Mafia, however we are VERY confident that the Venom will beat a stock Mafia by 75 hp. And Blakes modified Short runner, large plenum Mafia only pulled to 6700 only.
Phillip Oakley’s dyno looks at acceleration rate. It measures how fast the engine accelerates and specific points through the curve. The Venom accelerated the dyno harder and faster across the board than the Mafia.
We know the Venom work on everything but the Venom allows a wider range when the end user wants to step the program up with rpm and camshaft / and carb (FUEL SUPPLY)..  Meaning, Put it on your 480” truck pull motor or 600” bracket motor as is and it will pick up some.. Change the camshaft to something specifically designed for the intake, and a carb suited for the additional fuel needed and you’ll see the largest gains.
We feel like the Venom, while an improvement for anything CJ headed; will show its largest improvements on a smaller cubic inch (485” truck pullers take notice) and will allow the RPM to come up where it needs to be and scream AND not fall off.
There is a new player in town in the BBF world. We are very happy with these results and the prove the hard work that we have put into this project will be worth it in the end.
Again to thank those involved. Robert Ed Mclemore for the design work on this project. Plain and simple, if he designs it, it will work better than others. Blake Cartwright for the test mule and wealth of information we gathered. Phillip Oakley for the use of his Dyno and sharing his knowledge with us. Lem Evans and George Keown for their input and help at the dyno session as well. Thank you all again!
We will begin production of the tooling immediately and start taking orders as soon as possible once the tooling is completed. All Orders will go through NC Speed Lab as soon as we are able to! Any other info or questions PLEASE contact us through the Facebook page messages. NOT the phone. I am not at the shop all the time, Messages are easier to keep up with.
https://ncspeedlab.com/
https://www.facebook.com/NCSpeedlab

The final version will look better too. Not have the casting flaws on the outside and have 2 sets of bosses for injectors or nitrous nozzles. VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally) Comple16
VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally) Mafia_11
VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally) Venom_10
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

QtrWarrior, dfree383, J.Toney, The Pope, 68galaxie, 68formalGT and nascar429 like this post

Back to top Go down

VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally) Empty Re: VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally)

Post  BBFTorino March 31st 2022, 3:53 pm

That's awesome! Imagine that intake paired with a set of SR-71 heads. As for the carb issue, was it running on the lean side? It almost seems like you would need to go with an alcohol carb for it's much larger passeges in the main body and metering blocks, then jet it down and / or use restrictors in the transfer circuit, even though you're using gasoline.
Thoughts?

BBFTorino

Coupe Devil likes this post

Back to top Go down

VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally) Empty Re: VENOM Intake Dyno results (finally)

Post  Coupe Devil March 31st 2022, 7:35 pm

They were dyno'd on a SR71 head.

And yes on the carb. We didn't know at the time the 1450 wouldn't flow enough fuel. Plans are to test with larger metering blocks and play with jetting to find the happy spot.
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 31st 2022, 11:42 pm

Oh, sorry....I did'nt realize the tests were done using SR-71 heads, I have to squint my eyes to look at the pictures!
Still quite impressive....that throws a serious threat into the Chevy camp, where they're always just shrugging off Ford power potential.
Now, for them, there's a big elephant in their room that they can't ignore or get past!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 1st 2022, 1:35 pm

Coupe Devil wrote:They were dyno'd on a SR71 head.

And yes on the carb. We didn't know at the time the 1450 wouldn't flow enough fuel. Plans are to test with larger metering blocks and play with jetting to find the happy spot.

The thicker metering blocks from BLP which use a separate passageway for the idle circuit fuel will pass enough fuel through the main system for more power availability, Been there ...!

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Coupe Devil April 1st 2022, 8:45 pm

Good to know. I have very little experience with the BLP stuff. I'll do some looking around and see what kind of options we have and look at their stuff too.

rmcomprandy wrote:
Coupe Devil wrote:They were dyno'd on a SR71 head.

The thicker metering blocks from BLP which use a separate passageway for the idle circuit fuel will pass enough fuel through the main system for more power availability,  Been there ...!
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino April 1st 2022, 11:10 pm

BLP is top notch stuff, even better than Quick Fuel, of course that's just my opinion. A good friend of mine owns 'Thumper Carbs' and he hand builds custom billet carbs using BLP parts, and he'll calibrate it for the specific application. I'm getting one next week!
Can't wait to try it out.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down