BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever

4 posters

Go down

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever Empty FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever

Post  gcj December 4th 2021, 9:40 am

Hi all:

I am looking for a Ford C-6 shift lever from a floor shift car, like a ´70 and later Cyclone / Torino / Mustang Number stamped on side of lever plate is D0OP-F

Must be from a C-6 (Already tried FMX and C4 levers and they do not fit the C-6´s valve body) To further explain, this is the axle that goes into the side of the LH side of the trans, connects to a corresponding lever on the valve body. Just above the pan rail on the trans. Outside it has one flat arm facing forward on the transmission where the steering lock rod attaches. Facig rearward is the flat arm that the shifter rod attaches to. This arm is straight back, c.a. 1", then curves upward in a crescent with an opening on the end where the shifter rod slips in and locked with a cotter pin. G.

gcj

Back to top Go down

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever Empty Repos

Post  manofmerc December 9th 2021, 4:13 pm

It seems to me I have saw that item available from several mustang restoration suppliers . rendeer

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever Empty Re: FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever

Post  Gregaust December 10th 2021, 5:41 am

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/69-70c-6arm.html

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever Empty D0OP-F shift lever

Post  gcj December 10th 2021, 6:48 am

Thanks for the input guys. I had seen the C6AZ repop from West Coast Cougars on EBAY. This lever is "correct" per se, but it is 100% correct for 66 - 69 MY cars. IT is missing the federally mandated steering lock lever as seen on all 1970 and later cars with a floor shift.

I may yet buy the item from West Coast Classic Cougars. I will then have to cut the steering lock arm off the one currently in the car and weld it on to this one ... Thanks again for the input.
G

gcj

Back to top Go down

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever Empty Re: FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever

Post  gt350hr December 13th 2021, 6:08 pm

I may have an NOS one , I'll look tonight.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

FORD / MERCURY C-6 Floor shift axle / shift lever Empty D0OP-F shift lever

Post  gcj December 13th 2021, 9:08 pm

If you have it, I will buy .. front arm is straight to the locking rod, rear arm is like an inverted "C" ... a picture will help. G

gcj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down