BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from New Jersey

4 posters

Go down

Hello from New Jersey Empty Hello from New Jersey

Post  Goldylox_fairlane December 21st 2019, 1:47 pm

New member here been lurking on the "other" site for a while now. This forum seems to have great info on the older cars and powerplants. Happy to be here.Hello from New Jersey Img_2010Hello from New Jersey Img_2010Hello from New Jersey Img_2010Hello from New Jersey Img_2010

Goldylox_fairlane

Back to top Go down

Hello from New Jersey Empty Re: Hello from New Jersey

Post  jasonf December 22nd 2019, 12:30 am

Nice Fairlane. Welcome aboard.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R December 24th 2019, 12:20 am

Welcome, what are your plans for your car

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox_fairlane December 24th 2019, 10:41 am

Well, originally I was going to re do the factory interior after replacing floor pans and leave the 260 in it and cruise around with the family...drop kids off at school while embarrassing them😁....It also needs lower quarters which will have to be made or fiberglass from Crites installed.
Recently I rebuilt the carb and had it running great but not road worthy.
As it sits now... All lifters are collapsed and needs to come apart.lol
The trans also leaks like a civ....it's a fordomatic 2 spd.
So right now I really don't know what to do with it......I saved this car from being "parted out" so that was priority one....still trying to figure out the plans...any input would be great!

Goldylox_fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino December 24th 2019, 9:23 pm

Remove current engine / transmission, and rear end. Remove all front suspension and steering. Remove (cut out) the shock towers. Install a modern aftermarket front end with disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, tubular control arms, adjustable coil over shocks.
Fabricate some "thru the floor" subframe connectors and a few gussets here and there to stiffen up the chassis. Do a full cage inside.
Get a narrowed 9" inch Ford rear so you can put some fat tires under it. A big stroker 460 based big block would do it justice! Cool

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox_fairlane December 24th 2019, 10:17 pm

Bbftorino, who wouldn't want that? Well I have an 8.8 out of a fox....I can narrow that. I also have a good set of 373's. I also have a 351 based 406 with 14 to 1 compression (ready to assemble)...not a motor I would want to gas up and cruise my kids around in...
But if I cut up this car, knowing my self, it will have a 25.5 chassis and be raced....Id like to keep the interior as factory as possible.. I really like the lines of this car and don't want to change much. 10.5 slick would look good. I like these cars nice and low.
Has anyone ever tried a fox body style tri 4 link on these cars??

Goldylox_fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum