BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pinion brake?

4 posters

Go down

pinion brake? Empty pinion brake?

Post  racinghabbit February 6th 2019, 12:18 pm

has anyone tried to put a pinion brake on a 1980's ford ? f250? I have a 1656 t case.. I tried Google and found nothing.
I have a single master cyl wilwood 7/8 bore and it struggles to work on the dual piston calipers (only running front brakes) . so I was thinking about a single wilwood caliper on a pinion...
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

pinion brake? Empty Re: pinion brake?

Post  samiam February 7th 2019, 2:11 am

I have one on my puller,,  cept mine is on the rear, D 70,, because I couldnt find a flat  flange yoke for my T case, got a honda car rotor that was close to the size of the flange yoke, drilled it to fit ,,and then made all the hardware to hang the callipers. Works very well, with a willwood high volume master cylinder...

Last edited by samiam on February 7th 2019, 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant load picture)
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Post  samiam February 7th 2019, 2:35 am

pinion brake? PINION%20BRAKE%20ROTOR_zpsipwimv5a
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked February 7th 2019, 11:38 pm

Don't know about were u race as far as safety rules but, that doesn't sound very safe. All the places we race 4 wheel brakes are mandatory. As far as me goes we run tandem 1" bore wilwood cyl- one for fr and one for rear brakes. Excellent braking and holds well for foot brake launch at 3800 rpm. Just my thoughts, cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett February 8th 2019, 12:00 pm

I run rear only single piston chevy calipers on my 14 bolt in the rear of my mud truck. No issues stopping with a small Wilwood caliper/pedal setup.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down