BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God Speed David Pearson

5 posters

Go down

God Speed David Pearson Empty God Speed David Pearson

Post  TravisRice November 16th 2018, 8:23 pm

One of the greatest Ford drivers ever. Rest in peace and may the horsepower be with you.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

God Speed David Pearson Empty Re: God Speed David Pearson

Post  torino501 November 20th 2018, 9:44 am

him driving the holoman moody wood brothers cyclones def put ford on the map. rest in peace good sir.

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  DanE November 20th 2018, 3:52 pm

I have been watching NASCAR since 1958. David Pearson is my all time favorite driver. He was a fox on the track.

NASCAR has been trying to kill it's self with it's continuing move toward spec racing. NASCAR got greedy and lost it's way. Sad.
To a knowledgeable fan, it is brand first, driver second. And spec racing negates the brand and puts the driver first. Won't work. NASCAR has been taking stands down and still can't fill the stands that remain. Used to be that all seats were filled.

A few years ago when NASCAR mandated that elevated wing on the rear, I could not believe it. Yes, it added down force on the rear of the car when going forward, however, when the car turned around, the wing lifted the rear of the car and sent it sailing, and those cars go backward often enough. They have a competition director and he signed off on that wing. What incompetence!

David Pearson only raced for the money of the big races until they talked him into racing for the Championship. And he still won 105 races. cheers  David won 3 championships and about 1 of every 5 races he entered. He and the Wood Brothers were the cream of the crop in an era of top notch racers.

DanE

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice November 20th 2018, 7:43 pm

He was in his prime before my time. From what my dad told me and again what I've read Petty chose to run all the small racetracks against locals to get his win tally. If Pearson would have chose to do the same the outcome would have been different. Petty was a big time racer taking advantage of the small town guys with what back then was a big time operation. I have a lot of respect for Pearson to this day.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffgfg November 21st 2018, 7:44 pm

I remember when the Wood brothers replaced a windshield during a race in like 1:30........I think Pearson was driving.....he was a great driver I loved watching him on the "Wide world of sports" I believe he smoked while racing!!!!! They don't make them like that anymore!!!! I don't even watch NASCAR anymore.......

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 22nd 2018, 11:04 am

The guy is a legendary driver, we need more guys like him in Motorsports
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content