BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor? Empty Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor?

Post  ED468 April 14th 2018, 8:00 pm

Show Kings might be making another batch MB5650HPstdx in a couple weeks Summit said. He needs atleast 1 thousand more oil clearance. I told him he might have to run the harder race bearings and keep oil clean, combined with thinner weight oil. I can see another brand being some looser but not a whole .001 like he needs. Thanks for any suggestions.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor? Empty Re: Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor?

Post  10.0 April 14th 2018, 11:18 pm

Yeah, 1X bearings probly won't get you all the way there.
Some Federalmoguls on ebay right now

Back to top Go down

Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor? Empty Re: Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor?

Post  ED468 April 15th 2018, 4:52 pm

Ford really took a hit hard with the bearings selections. I wish One like King or ACL would cater more to the bigblock with 9s 11s, 1x standardx, most 1s i found old stock are to tighten up a crank.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain April 15th 2018, 6:04 pm

I've never had any trouble what so ever running the Federal Mogul or Clevite "performance" bearings in a cast crank application. I don't think it makes any difference as long as you get the right clearances.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino April 15th 2018, 8:51 pm

I purchased a set of King bearings that are .001" larger. No problems

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane April 16th 2018, 3:06 pm

What is the approximate hp of this "street motor" and what are the bearing clearances currently?
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone make a STDX main bearing set for cast crank street motor? Empty Clearance

Post  ED468 April 16th 2018, 9:17 pm

It should be 550 or more with decent ported big valve heads. He tried some Kings like I suggested and he said he has 3 thousand on mains now. He first called and said he only had 1.5 thou. oil clearance. He cruises at 3500 rpms and we both agreed it needs to be looser. I just found out now he said he was off some on his first measurements and it wasn't that tight. All is good now he said. I live a Hr. away so i'm taking his word.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum