BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low Buck Truck Motor

+8
longroofracer
The Pope
johndickjr
IcallhimGeorge
Lem Evans
fordman460
Greg_P
Sixfootfour
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Low Buck Truck Motor - Page 2 Empty Re: Low Buck Truck Motor

Post  longroofracer January 6th 2010, 1:59 am

I am surprised Lem didn't question you using a FRRP/Performer RPM intake with E8 heads Question and have you double check that plan of attack. The questions now is... since you have E6 heads, does the difference in chamber sizes make enough difference in your compression and intended use for you to reconsider your cam selection again?
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  nada 50 January 18th 2010, 11:23 pm

Not sure how the E6 heads compare to the doves, but I have a set of doves lying around in pretty good shape. They have newer springs, studs and guide plates. They look like the guy b4 me tried to clean them up a lil bit. They came off of a fresh 429 about 4 years ago and have been in bags. I can throw in a set of used Erson roller rockers. Don't know what s/h would be to Canada. If interested and want pics, give me your email address. Just throwin an idea out at ya.
nada 50
nada 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Sixfootfour January 19th 2010, 12:58 am

Thanks for the offer. The DOVE's have even smaller chambers, and would give me too much compression with that small cam.
I would like to build a street 545, too, and I'll save the cam for that day. In the mean time, the 460 is assembled, and should be fun in the truck.
It will be better than the stock 352 with 208 HP.
The gasket kit came with a front seal, but I used a different seal from NAPA. It installs from the front, and has a flange that makes it easier to install.
It would be easier to replace, too.
I'm looking forward to getting it in the truck, and hoping for about 375 hp, and lots of torque.

Sixfootfour

Back to top Go down

Post  dablack February 25th 2010, 10:50 am

I have a similar build in my 71 f100 daily driver. I got a 96 460 out of a E350, stripped off the top end, slapped on some D3, rebuilder pistons, performer intake, cam and dizzy from Scott, headman headers, and a holley 750. With a wide ratio C6 from broader and 3.5 rear gears, I put down 12mpg on the highway doing 65. I drive it everyday.

dablack

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 January 21st 2014, 9:11 pm

Bump for E8 Cylinder head info, for recent post. RacingHabbit the cam he used is almost identical to your's except it is the Comp Marine version, and the LS is 1 degree different I believe.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 January 21st 2014, 9:39 pm

Sixfootfour wrote:Good Question ! I took another look at the head, and what I thought was E8TE, looks like a 6.
That makes it E6TE, and fuelie heads started in E7, I believe.
     Now , if I could save up for those TFS streets.
Interesting: Note not E8TE Heads.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane January 22nd 2014, 11:37 am

Greg_P wrote:The intake ports of the E8TE heads are not in the standard location.  How do they line up with the Stealth intake?

Also, the exhaust ports are much different on those E8 heads than the earlier ones.  

Greg
E7TE 460 heads are fuelie heads, not the E8TE heads. The E8TE heads are like the D3VE/E6TE head configuration. The E8TE heads are often referred to as "motorhome heads" since they were produced post 460FI and most ended up on large chassis vehicles that were allowed to meet more lenient emissions standards. They are carb heads and have the carb port configuration.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2