BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intake manifold thoughts

3 posters

Go down

Intake manifold thoughts Empty Intake manifold thoughts

Post  ctdck May 13th 2017, 12:20 pm

I have a intake thats either a cobra jet or a super cobra jet not for sure its the 4 hole carb pad not the spread bore the part number is DOOE-9425-C the date 3M14. How would this intake besides the weight compare to the Weiand stealth intake manifold permanence wise? thanks for your thoughts

ctdck

Back to top Go down

Intake manifold thoughts Empty someone must know something

Post  ctdck May 14th 2017, 10:46 am

tired of these big block shitty guys around here saying a 454 snore will out pull a 460 ha,ha,ha,ha
Ford first on race day
Ford found on road driving
Ford for off road driving

ctdck

Back to top Go down

Intake manifold thoughts Empty Re: Intake manifold thoughts

Post  supervel45 May 14th 2017, 10:56 am

What is it going on?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  ctdck May 14th 2017, 11:16 am

Its in a daily driving truck with 4.10 gears, C-6 trans 1987 stock bottom end with C8VE heads with 2.250 intake and 1.760 exhaust valves and been ported well, and the camshaft that I bought from Travis Rice on here comp 4x4 extreme

ctdck

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 14th 2017, 11:34 am

I would run the SCJ you have over the Stealth on that deal. The CJ was a spread bore by the way. The claim is usually 20-25 HP just bolting it on over a stock intake.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  ctdck May 14th 2017, 11:47 am

supervel45 thanks

I also have a brand new edelbrock performer intake, but id like to keep this thing looking stock. If this would be better yet maybe I can grind the edelbrock and performer off it and paint it ford blue and nobody would notice, usually what I hear around here from the shitty guys is if you arent cheating you arent winning. Hmmmmm

ctdck

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 14th 2017, 12:08 pm

I like my SCJ intake, it looks like a stock 460 piece to 90% of people and likely runs better then a Performer. I would not even trade it for a Performer RPM Air Gap if that tells you anything but I just like parts that say Ford.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter May 14th 2017, 2:43 pm

I'd run the performer. It will out torque the SCJ intake by some 20+ pound feet and if you run a jomar power cone it will match it or best it at peak HP. More average power = better acceleration, tip in response and driving feel. RM uses the term transient response and I absolutely agree with him !

As with any aluminum intake block the heat crossover unless very cold weather operation is expected. In that case restrict if to 5/16" hole.

I am building an N code 429 for a 1970 torino at the moment. Client insisted on 429 crank and OEM external look with internal upgrade freedoms. With the eddy logo ground off and sitting under an air cleaner housing one has to look twice.

S
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down