BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions or options to go faster

+10
BOSS 429
BBFTorino
cool40
rmcomprandy
Scott Foxwell
Straubtech
Carl
dfree383
Curt
away
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Suggestions or options to go faster - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions or options to go faster

Post  BOSS 429 January 9th 2017, 5:22 pm

And the title of the thread was? /\

You asked how to go faster
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Suggestions or options to go faster - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions or options to go faster

Post  away January 9th 2017, 5:46 pm

68galaxie wrote:Adrian, 

The engine seems to make very decent power 750+ with that tiny camshaft.
I do like Lem's suggestion of a little larger camshaft. 

Don't be insulted by R Malik - He gets this way all too often. Maybe a bad day at work? Who knows.
Buy a custom cam from him.  Just kidding.  I think we need a bit of humor here sometimes.

Cheers

Ha Ha I know you are right.  I was actually laughing the entire time I was writing back my twisted sarcastic response lol.  Yes and I do know Lem from my Windy Hollow dazzzz and trust what he says about waking that thing up lol.  

Now for you guys that know piston to valve clearances (and I know nothing is validated until checked and I do have checker springs for the heads once I get a new cam)  
How do you think the clearances will change if I go with the cam numbers or there abouts that Lem suggested?  

Going from the 296BR-8 to the bigger bumpstick.  260*/268* on a 108 to Lems suggested 272*/280* on a 110*
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 9th 2017, 7:20 pm

away wrote:

Don't be insulted by R Malik - He gets this way all too often. Maybe a bad day at work? Who knows.
Buy a custom cam from him.  Just kidding.  I think we need a bit of humor here sometimes.

Cheers

Ha Ha I know you are right.  I was actually laughing the entire time I was writing back my twisted sarcastic response lol.  Yes and I do know Lem from my Windy Hollow dazzzz and trust what he says about waking that thing up lol.  

Now for you guys that know piston to valve clearances (and I know nothing is validated until checked and I do have checker springs for the heads once I get a new cam)  
How do you think the clearances will change if I go with the cam numbers or there abouts that Lem suggested?  

Going from the 296BR-8 to the bigger bumpstick.  260*/268* on a 108 to Lems suggested 272*/280* on a 110*

Do the pistons have an exhaust valve relief?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 9th 2017, 7:36 pm

Cheers

I think ... NO ... I know you have absolutely no idea about me or actual experience of what you are talking about here but, you just have that need to insert your 2 cents anyway.  
You are nothing here but a troll as no positive knowledge actually pertaining to the subject ever comes from whatever you write.

YES ... it was facetious; mainly because he DID convey that he has never had to change his dial-in for all 7 runs throughout the day with alcohol versus gasoline.  Unless the weather and temperature did not change at all, that was probably BULLSHIT, (or grossly stretching the truth), running alcohol OR gasoline; just not as much with alcohol.
However, it was never said for him to run gasoline but, to "put a carb on it".

I am pretty sure that "away" understood the razz but, if he didn't ... oh, well. That is how it was meant.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie January 9th 2017, 8:39 pm

I think we all know who the troll is here. I did offer the OP some advise in his post
You chose not to. - and just called him out as a Bullshitter.

My comment towards you - the usual grump was humor - grow a pair.
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  away January 10th 2017, 12:07 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
away wrote:

Cheers

Do the pistons have an exhaust valve relief?

The pistons have one valve relief....probe pistons I think that is the intake valve correct
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  away January 10th 2017, 12:13 pm

Suggestions or options to go faster - Page 3 Img_4010
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 10th 2017, 12:14 pm

Yes, that's the intake relief.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  away January 10th 2017, 2:27 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Yes, that's the intake relief.

So why did you ask? Because of my piston to valve clearance question? Would this stop the cam change that you suggested?
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham January 10th 2017, 5:25 pm

Is that piston a .080 over or .030 over?

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 10th 2017, 5:39 pm

away wrote:

So why did you ask?  Because of my piston to valve clearance question?  Would this stop the cam change that you suggested?  

^^^Yes                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   It'd probley work......it will limit how much cam you can run at some point. Just put a small exh. relief if needed.

gt350hr is a piston guy....maybe he'll jump in here. How much have the heads been milled?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  away January 12th 2017, 11:28 am

Darrin Gorham wrote:Is that piston a .080 over or .030 over?

The actual pic is from my spare 521 combo so it is .030 over but the same brand (probe) pistons are in the 532 (engine per this discussion) at .080 over.

Good catch apparently you know your stuff!

Last edited by away on January 12th 2017, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  away January 12th 2017, 11:31 am

Lem Evans wrote:
away wrote:

So why did you ask?  Because of my piston to valve clearance question?  Would this stop the cam change that you suggested?  

^^^Yes                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   It'd probley work......it will limit how much cam you can run at some point. Just put a small exh. relief if needed.

gt350hr is a piston guy....maybe he'll jump in here. How much have the heads been milled?

I did buy the heads used and them sent them to high velocity heads in knoxville and they did surface them while they were there so I can not say for sure how much has been taken off of them.
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 12th 2017, 11:50 am

If you can figure out the free drop on the exhaust valve It'd go a long way toward what needs you may or may not have relative to an exh. valve relief.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  away January 24th 2017, 3:48 pm

Well I have figured out the plan as to how to go faster. I just had a set of bare (installed guides and seats only) c460 heads and intake arrive to my door! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Time to start another build thread lol. Who has an A460 block?

Adrian
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 24th 2017, 5:15 pm

away wrote:Well I have figured out the plan as to how to go faster.  I just had a set of bare (installed guides and seats only) c460 heads and intake arrive to my door!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Time to start another build thread lol.  Who has an A460 block?

Adrian

I can have one to you in two days.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3