BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question

2 posters

Go down

4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question Empty 4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question

Post  Hiltigun 30th November 2009, 03:09

I run a pair of 750 Holley 4150 double pumpers on a tunnel rammed BBF stroker combo with a powerglide. They are center pivot floats mounted sideways. Late in the season I noticed that one time I stayed on the brake a little longer than usual, and the car 60 footed quite a bit better than it ever has. Convertor stalls at about 4800 rpm. Could this mean that I have too big of a pump shot? Currently I have 31 tube type nozzles in the primary, and 37's in the secondary sides. Pump diaphragms are all the regular size (not 50 cc). Should the shooters be the same size primary and secondary? I haven't really tuned too hard on the carbs yet-it runs fairly well so far. Any comments appreciated.

Hiltigun

Back to top Go down

4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question Empty Re: 4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question

Post  Tech @ BG 30th November 2009, 18:21

Hiltigun wrote:I run a pair of 750 Holley 4150 double pumpers on a tunnel rammed BBF stroker combo with a powerglide. They are center pivot floats mounted sideways. Late in the season I noticed that one time I stayed on the brake a little longer than usual, and the car 60 footed quite a bit better than it ever has. Convertor stalls at about 4800 rpm. Could this mean that I have too big of a pump shot? Currently I have 31 tube type nozzles in the primary, and 37's in the secondary sides. Pump diaphragms are all the regular size (not 50 cc). Should the shooters be the same size primary and secondary? I haven't really tuned too hard on the carbs yet-it runs fairly well so far. Any comments appreciated.
Generally on our tunnel ram stuff we have the same squirters front and rear. Quick question here though do these carburetors have angle cut tunnel ram floats or are they still running brass or uncut floats?

Tech @ BG

Back to top Go down

4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question Empty Re: 4150 Holley Carb Tunnel Ram Tuning Question

Post  Hiltigun 30th November 2009, 22:46

Tunnel Ram floats

Hiltigun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down