BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago

3 posters

Go down

New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago Empty New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago

Post  skosler August 10th 2015, 4:41 pm

About 5-7 years ago I was on 460ford and then kids came and I sold off my project (yeah, I know...I know..).

Now I'm back at it.

I found a 460 for sale that a guy wants $1800 for an engine and al he knows is that it runs strong. He claims it went 10's in a fox body and would lift the tires about 2 foot on a launch, BUT it has D2VE heads. I find that strange. Who would build a fairly stout engine and start with D2VE heads? I always was told that they were probably the worst OEM heads. He did say he was running a nitrous setup on it.

It comes with a c6, but I have no idea how good it is, but he did say he made 10 passes in it. He is selling because he wants to go with more common stuff and it would cost too much to stuff this in a c10 that he is building (that sounds like a legit story...).

full MSD setup, NOS 900 carb, trans, driveshaft, starter, alternator, etc... Oh yeah, and Motorsport valve covers Smile.

Is it worth it? The MSD setup is probably worth how much? The trans, if it is in any decent shape? The NOS carb? I would suspect it to have decent valve train.

Stephen
Cistern, TX
skosler
skosler

Back to top Go down

New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago Empty Re: New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago

Post  Coupe Devil August 10th 2015, 4:48 pm

Welcome. I remember the screen name. We're assuming it is NOT in a car and no way to hear it run?
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

https://www.facebook.com/NCSpeedlab

Back to top Go down

New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago Empty Re: New to this board, but frequented 460ford a lot, 5 years ago

Post  skosler August 10th 2015, 5:33 pm

Not in car. Comes with a Victor 460 intake. Looks like stock rockers.
skosler
skosler

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 10th 2015, 5:52 pm

Kinda sounds like a stock engine someone threw a hydraulic cam an intake on, and maybe a torque convertor and shift kit at the trans? I would not get to excited about it for $1,800 especially if I could not hear it run, and had more info on it. D2's are hard do give away, so figure that into the price, but they can take a little nitrous on a mild low compression build.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down