BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get

5 posters

Go down

finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get Empty finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get

Post  bigben August 8th 2015, 7:51 am

its a 80s f150 frame with a 82 ranger body on it firewall was notched to set the motor back .

now for the sadness..... it wont be bbf powered for right now i got a couple really good deals on some sbf parts so i will run a small block 408w motor till i can afford the big inch stroker i want truck will be on 38.5 cuts dana 44 front and 9 inch rear . looking at following frank merkels instructions on this and the other 460 site to a t to rollerize the c6 and add the clutches hopefully a merkel brake . but im super open to opinions and advice at this point starting with blank canvas

bigben

Back to top Go down

finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get Empty Re: finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get

Post  bigben August 8th 2015, 7:55 am

Old red truck and yellow one is new chassis red one was mainly a trail rig

finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get Attachment

finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get 9113331

attempt to post pics probably a fail

bigben

Back to top Go down

finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get Empty Re: finally getting my race truck together . looking for any advice i can get

Post  bigben August 9th 2015, 10:52 am

Looking at tires was just gunna buy boggers front and rear but I'm seeing some of you guys are running cut tsls any info on why I seen a couple say big horse trucks well I'm running 12-24 inch deep stuff looking at makin 600 n/a with a 200 shot so are the cut tsls something I should run?

bigben

Back to top Go down

Post  bigben January 23rd 2016, 12:17 pm

looking at transmissions and got ??? what are guys using i have a c6 big block core that needs to be rebuilt but talking with some guys that run mra and cma stuff are saying build a glide even thought i'm running threw 12-18 in deep rough pits. i'm also hearing a lot of guys building glides as a single speed any ideas on this

bigben

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 25th 2016, 4:16 pm

I run against guys with PG's and I don't feel like I give up anything with the C6. Mine is about as bullet proofed as it can be with a Merkl VB and billet drums. Not cheap the way mine is, but where you are at, it wouldn't need much. A good VB, drums, clutches, and rollerized and it will do fine. Lots cheaper too.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bigben January 25th 2016, 5:06 pm

Alright then I have another question do you still only run one gear threw the pass. Because I was thinking if I only use one why not go to a two speed I can get the adapter bell housing for 250 and my dad owns a machine shop so I can make the transfercase adapter . I guess I just assumed the pg is lighter an if I could make the run in one gear why not go glide save some weight

bigben

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 25th 2016, 5:19 pm

I use 2 gears, 1st and 2nd, for now because that is how my trans brake works. How long are your pits?
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bigben January 25th 2016, 5:24 pm

150-200 ft mostly

bigben

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 25th 2016, 5:32 pm

Give me a call
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 February 10th 2016, 12:38 pm

I use ALL 3 gears in my C6.
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett February 11th 2016, 9:44 am

crittersf1 wrote:I use ALL 3 gears in my C6.

You gonna get time to get that thing out this year?
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit February 11th 2016, 5:39 pm

we dont use trans brakes... one truck runs 1-2... the other truck only runs 2-3 with edge stall and in low range 208f.
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down