BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads?

5 posters

Go down

Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads? Empty Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads?

Post  jbozzelle November 22nd 2009, 1:44 pm

Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads? Or will I run into any interference issues...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads? Empty Re: Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads?

Post  res0rli9 November 22nd 2009, 2:18 pm

No thay wont work.. You need to send them to me Very Happy J/K

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads? Empty Re: Do the Blue Thunder 'pentroof' valve covers clear the SCJ and P51 heads?

Post  jbozzelle November 22nd 2009, 2:21 pm

res0rli9 wrote:No thay wont work.. You need to send them to me Very Happy J/K

No problem. I'll swap you the covers for your truck... Very Happy

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  63boxtop November 22nd 2009, 3:03 pm

that would be a good trade cheers

63boxtop

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 22nd 2009, 3:28 pm

63boxtop wrote:that would be a good trade cheers

it be a better trade if he sent them to me fist so I could put them on befor I send the truck to him Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 22nd 2009, 4:39 pm

They probally will work, with some pretty heavy grinding on the inside. The area of conflict is the valve cover bolt boss at the lower left corner and the # 4 (or #5) valve spring and retainer.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 22nd 2009, 8:03 pm

I'll just get some FRPPs from lem. They're cheaper and I won't end up grinding on a new set of $200+ valve covers...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 23rd 2009, 1:33 am

When a customer insists upon using those valve covers on a Cobra kit car or whatever, as long as it has a street/strip hydraulic or solid lifter camshaft, I use "Beehive" valve springs and retainers on the exhaust side. Those will clear.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down